• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Bacchus Hotel Frank...??
There's an establishment I didn't think you'd be going in....

Did you cancel all your appointments for the next 3 days, chuck your car keys into a big glass bowl, throw red wine down your throat and grin lavisciously at the battery of women on the other side...?

Or is it just a misnamed B&B?

It is a hotel in Sutton on Sea, about 4 miles from Mablethorpe. It also has a very nice bar area, and do very nice food. And a nice glass of Chardonnay.

Morning Mrs T. Hope you're ok and staying well?
I expect you must be ok if you're visiting such places and looking at this forum at this time of the morning?

Unles you're propped up in bed with your laptop and Frank bringing you piles of golden toast dripping in butter and thick cut marmalade with a rose on every tray....

Morning Mrs T. Hope you're ok and staying well?
I expect you must be ok if you're visiting such places and looking at this forum at this time of the morning?

Unles you're propped up in bed with your laptop and Frank bringing you piles of golden toast dripping in butter and thick cut marmalade with a rose on every tray....

Nearly right WH. Apart from the breakfast in bed, and the rose.....

I beg forgiveness from my real ale friends. But I have a confession to make.

Last night I had a pint of Carling lager....

It wasn't really my fault. I ordered drinks with our meal, and somehow the carling appeared at my table while I was outside talking. So I had to drink it. Not over impressed to be honest.

Was there an alternative ale available? If not, you're probably okay to carry on posting in here.

If there was, you can join Paddy in the naughty corner.

Was there an alternative ale available? If not, you're probably okay to carry on posting in here.

If there was, you can join Paddy in the naughty corner.

There was black sheep and spitfire, both on tap. And I had the spitfire afterwards.

I hope my ban is not too lengthy....!

I'm staying in Cambridge tonight - anybody know of any decent boozers in the centre?

There was one I went to a LONG time ago called the Devonshire Arms that was really good. This was about 10 years ago though - haven't been to Cambridge since. It was quite near the railway station.

There's also this place: http://www.the-cambridgeblue.co.uk/

Going back a few years, but there was a pub called the Alma Arms near the city centre. It used to serve several different guest ales.

So Frank, from what we can gather, you've recently tried debauchery in the Bacchus Hotel and you've also spent some time in Alma's Arms....

Bit of a dark horse you are Frank...!

Gone up 2 points in my estimation though!

I'm staying in Cambridge tonight - anybody know of any decent boozers in the centre?
Pop into the Eagle. The bar has signatures from WWII pilots on the ceiling. It's where they drank before leaving on their missions.

Cheers folks. Need to get out of Naaarwich successfully first!

Just having a Saffron Brewery Essex Pale Ale in Cambridge. Not a massive fan. Pub is pretty cool though just a one room saloon bar no bigger than a living room with 7 ales on tap

Untappd tells me that the Cambridge brewing company is down the road though so I'll have to give that a go next

3 fucking 80 for a pint of ale in the next pub!! £3.80!!!

Nice pint but still! (St Austell - Proper Job)

3 fucking 80 for a pint of ale in the next pub!! £3.80!!!

Nice pint but still! (St Austell - Proper Job)

I was drinking that stuff during The Great Escape of 2011. One of the few decent Cornish ales.

Not worth £3.80 though! Bloody Cambridge and their prices!

Back