• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I'm going to Beer next week. Can't wait! :D

I'm working in Jersey next week. Any ale recommendations?

Bottles of Jennings Cocker Hoop are £1.19 at Lidl at the moment. Nice beer on tap, never had it from the bottle before.

It's Banks's, not Banks, you cretin!
I was on the Sunbeam last night. Very nice it was too :D

Having a couple of decent pints of Liberation Ale in The White Horse, St. Hellier.

Down in Mississippi with work last week, popped into a restaurant chain with my boss and he said it was quite ok for us to have a few beers with our meal, ended up drinking some Sam Adams, not familiar with Sam Adams at all, but it blew my mind away after a few! (Either that or my tolerance has lowered since we moved!)

Twenty five years ago Sam Adams was one of the few drinkable beers in the US. Now it would be a long way down my list.

So it turns out that...

5311ec9e44e60.jpg

Probably down to all the sugar which is in Sprite.

If you get rid of all of the fizz in the lemonade then it will mix. Its the same with creamflow bitters too.

Yep put the lemonade in and give it a good mix before pouring in the Guinness.

Although why you would want to it beyond me!

Just settling down to.... a lovely bottle of Superior Batch Ale by Smithwick's.

Winter Spirit in a very classy looking bottle.
'Suffused with rich woody aromas and a smooth warming body with hints of biscuit, brown sugar and a subtle roasted nut finish' (Sounds like a description of my darling wife)

But apart from all of that bollocks, it's a fine tasting deep complex pint of beer. 4.5%.

Get it!

We went for a meal in the Bacchus Hotel in Sutton on Sea, and they had their own brew on sale. It was a very decent bitter, and I look forward to more beers from them as they expand.

The Bacchus Hotel Frank...??
There's an establishment I didn't think you'd be going in....

Did you cancel all your appointments for the next 3 days, chuck your car keys into a big glass bowl, throw red wine down your throat and grin lavisciously at the battery of women on the other side...?

Or is it just a misnamed B&B?

Back