• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I had a pint or 4 of Proper Job in Branscombe a few weeks ago. Lovely flavour, but there's never a head on your pint in Devon.

Sorry, I've only just seen this. The Devonshire and the Cambridge Blue are definitely the best two beer pubs, but if you are in the city centre and haven't been there yet it's probably a bit late as it's at least a 20 minute walk. They are both off Mill Road. The Eagle is a nice pub but the beer's not great. If you are in the centre try the Baron of Beef or the Mitre at the top of St Andrews St or The Feathers further down near Parkers Piece. Sorry about the prices - £3.80 is still a bit steep, £3.30 to £3.50 is more usual.

Just having a Saffron Brewery Essex Pale Ale in Cambridge. Not a massive fan. Pub is pretty cool though just a one room saloon bar no bigger than a living room with 7 ales on tap

That sounds like the St Radegund

Untappd tells me that the Cambridge brewing company is down the road though so I'll have to give that a go next

Looks like you're on the famous King Street Run then. I think there's only seven pubs in all now, there used to be more.

Finally had a proper pint of Trooper!

I tell you what - it's a cracking pint. Not dissimilar to Unicorn by the same brewery. Really tasty. It's not just a gimmicky ale.

It is a cracking pint. Ended up on it all weekend last year on a break in Wales. There were three Robinsons pubs in the village all with it on.

Found another flavour of Innis & Gunn in Asda just now, toasted oak matured IPA.

There are 3 I think Mark...

Original, Matured in Rum barrels, & Matured in Whiskey Barrels. I'm sure they do another one...

That Oak IPA, was it a big 750cl bottle or a titchy one at 33?
How much was it? Did you notice?

Only the small bottle, 3 for £5 in Asda.

I think there are three core flavours, original, rum finish and that IPA along with different seasonal and limited editions, like a whiskey finish stout. I wasn't big on that IPA though, came across a bit perfumey, prefer the stronger taste of the original which I think has got a bit of a coffee taste to it. Tried their craft lager before too, was not a fan, had a couple of the cherrywood limited editions ones over Christmas which were alright, similar to the original but more potent, about 10% I think.

Finally had a proper pint of Trooper!

I tell you what - it's a cracking pint. Not dissimilar to Unicorn by the same brewery. Really tasty. It's not just a gimmicky ale.

:drink2:

Good news! Opposite the hotel I'm staying at next week in Guernsey is another of Liberation's pubs!

Jaipur at Manchester T1. Closely followed with a Cheshire Cat.

Had a Kirin Ichiban the other day. Japanese beer/lager, very crisp :)

Doombar in The Houmet Tavern. No Liberation though.

I must admit that I quite like a glass of Doombar. There used to be a pub near us that sold it, but sadly they no longer stock it. Though they do have Ruddles County.

Back