• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've been drinking Bathams in a Bathams pub, and am now supping a Golden Glow in a Holdens pub.

I win.

Was in Bristol during Cheltenham week and outside of the Wetherspoons you were talking £3 plus for a pint of anything. A pint of Peroni was £4.70 in one place with the basic Thatchers cider £3.55, a whole quid more than in the Spoons.

St Austell makes a nice pint, but I find a lot of beer from the south west had no head.

That area used to be considered a dump when I went to school there, I presume it's a leafy suburb of Wolverhampton now.

If you bump into someone who is around 52, ask if they remember me. When I went on Friends Reunited, the cunts had all forgotten me. It's only 36 years since I left the area FFS!

Well, we have trees....

It's not bad, I quite like it, I have fairly low standards mind. The combination of it being a decent enough area and the three local pubs all being nice and well kept contributes to the relatively high price of drinking around here. Next time I go to The Bull for a bit of darts practice I'll take a picture of Juan Roman Riquelme and ask if anyone has seen this man. :)

Riquelme could have been a World Cup winner if not for the ludicrous decision to substitute both him and Crespo in 2006, when they thought they had the Germans beat. Just becaue you are beating the hosts 1-0 with 20 minutes left does not mean you've won the game.

As for the beer I think Wolves is relatively reasonably priced, there are however numerous shitholes (as a darts player) where the beer is both poor and overpriced even for the most bogstandard of lagers.

It is possible however to stumble upon places thinking that this must be a complete shithole and then be surprised by the quality of the beer available.

Bristol is getting very expensive to drink. Was charged £3.80 for a pint of Tribute last week!

If you search around and get to know everywhere you can normally find pints for around £3. Some places do £2.50 pint days but in general, a trip to the pub is going to set you back the best part of £20 if you're drinking five pints.

I can deal with it if the pubs actually look after their beer, but plenty of places don't have a clue which really isn't on

Indeed the quality is generally excellent even in the Wetherspoons, but we went in a pub and paid £4.10 (no prices around, thankfully I wasn't paying) for a guest porter ale which was good but for over four quid I would expect Belgian style quality and to be on a main tourist area, not in a back street away from the regular tourist traps.

I would assume the average wage is above that here in Wolverhampton if beer is that price in a local.

Is that how much a pint in a pub can cost these days?! I did have a rare trip to the pub and a pint yesterday but as I also bought a coke and a fruit shoot (I was out with the family) I have no idea how much the pint cost.

1.82GBP in the local Sam Smith's pub. 3.70GBP for a pint of IPA in the pubs in Guernsey.

Spoiled for choice at the moment. Trade Winds, Arran Blonde and Schiehallion on in my local.

I really want a pint of Hadron's Collision.....

Spoiled for choice at the moment. Trade Winds, Arran Blonde and Schiehallion on in my local.

Only just seen this - Trade Winds and Schiehallion are extremely tasty.

Stourbridge Beer Festival tonight!! Not been for a few years but able to get there on the Thursday for a change so hopefully won't be too busy. The queues on the Friday night are ridiculous so I don't bother most years.

Back