• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I'll add it to my todo list when I'm next in the Midlands then. Still need to find out what all this Golden Glow fuss is about...

Thought I'd give a bit of feedback as I've been to the Waggon a few times since it's opened. The Enville Ale is the best pint of Enville I've had anywhere other than the brewery tap - it's a fabulous pint. They've had some quality guest ales such as Holdens Golden Glow and even Dark Star Hop Head.

The prices are very decent, the atmosphere is good, they've made it into a bit of a gem. And it seems to be going well.

WW - I spoke to you brother when I was last in there and he seemed to be pleased with it all, and so he should be. Well worth a visit if you're in Stourbridge for whatever reason.

Glad you're enjoying it, Langers. Dan's absolutely delighted at how it's gone so far. He tells me he's thinking of putting on a mini beer festival and hog roast for the August Bank Holiday.....

I'll add it to my todo list when I'm next in the Midlands then. Still need to find out what all this Golden Glow fuss is about...

The Shrub in Stourbridge really does do a magnificent pint of Golden Glow. Better than the Western, even though the Western is a much better pub.

Glad you're enjoying it, Langers. Dan's absolutely delighted at how it's gone so far. He tells me he's thinking of putting on a mini beer festival and hog roast for the August Bank Holiday.....

It's a lot better than I thought it would be - genuinely. And it makes a perfect stopping off point as it's bang in the middle of the walk from the Holdens to the Bathams!

I am still trying to fathom it out too. I prefer their Black Country Bitter.

Oakham - Citra on in my local. They've had it as a guest ale quite a few times recently and it's absolutely superb. Also had a nice pint of Trade Winds - Cairngorm which is always a good choice and half a Lia Fail - Inveralmond.

I'm planning on climbing Ben Ledi on Monday so I think I might stop by the Lade Inn in Kilmahog on the way back which is home to the 'Scottish Real Ale Shop'. They brew a few lovely ales themselves, The Chase being the pick of the bunch. Lade Back and Lade Out are also quite nice.

Citra is beautiful stuff.

Micro pub round the corner from my new house. About the size of a large living room.

Today they have 5 different ales and 7 ciders.

432 different beers since they opened a year ago - I think I'm going to do just fine here.

(£2.50 a pint!!!!!)

This may be of interest to some of you which I saw on another site I frequent. It's a site that sends out random bottled beers from around the world. If you click the link you can see some examples:

If you follow this link : https://www.beer52.com/join/5261/db0440e967f05bb6

And sign up for the 'Taster' plan of 8 different bottles of mystery beer delivered for free for £14 (£1.75 a bottle) , then if you choose to continue it's £24 a month after that (£3 a bottle, which is still very reasonable) but it's not a direct debit or anything, and they state you can cancel at any time.

The link is an invite, from me, and once you sign up you get your own link to use on your mates. If your invite is used by a bunch of people you get a free case of beer too... So, every cloud.

Enjoy, or don't. Whatever.

got mine the other week and finally got round to drinking some over the past few days. great mix of interesting beers from round the world. none i've seen before, but some i'd love to get again.

nice quick delivery too, from signing up on a Wednesday, the beers arrived on following Monday. well packaged and came with a little leaflet detailing each beer, along with a suggestion of food to accompany it.

also, along with beer, they do addons so you can get a cigar, or a whiskey or a few bags of weird nuts or crisps (obviously for a small fee, but they're different every month too)

i'll be carrying on my subscription for certain. all in all highly recommended if you're a beer lover

For cancelling, under 'take a break', select 'more info', then select 'more options' and it comes up asking 'does drinking you beer every month make you happy?' and if you click 'no' i think you get taken through to the cancellation screen.

£3 a bottle is a bit dear imo

Helped with Doombar's profits last week while on hols, fucking ell, had some rough mornings.

It is, but i assumed people would cancel before the monthly fee. £1.75 each for 8 random world beers seems decent enough.

Absolutely. And while not all of the beers may be to your liking, it is always nice to try a new beer, and the important thing is that it is real ale that is being sampled.

RIP Bob Jones CBE friend, life time Wulfrunian and CAMRA National Executive member (amongst other things ;-)).

See Express & Star website if you are unaware of the man.

Last edited:
RIP Bob Jones friend, life time Wulfrunian and CAMRA National Executive member.

See Express & Star website if you are unaware of the man.

I didn't agree with the bloke on anything in terms of politics but often saw him lurking around the city's pubs. RIP to the man.

I didn't agree with the bloke on anything in terms of politics but often saw him lurking around the city's pubs. RIP to the man.

I had many beers with Bob, especially in the Newhampton, I don't remember him ever having to raise his voice to make his point on any matter. He was however a convincing and combative public speaker.

Staying in Birmingham tomorrow night so going to try and finally make a trip to The Wellington and Post Office Vaults.

Salopian - Oracle on great form in Post Office Vaults.

Back