• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I have just had a great pint of Tetley's! It's good to be back.

Thornbridge - Jaipur on the 'coming soon' board in my local. Seen it mentioned on here once or twice but I've never actually tried it so I'm looking forward to that.

Black Tom - I was persuaded to try a glass of this and it was most pleasant. As dark as Guinness, with an earthy taste, definitely worth trying.

Dogfish Head. Bluming strong but lovely going down :)

They've really gone for the 80's 'kids wait in the car' pub theme!

10314710_10154085879820063_3846699312415797350_n.jpg

Was over at the weekend and landed in here about midnight on Saturday night and have to say was one of the best nights I have had for a long time, was in their till closing about 2.30 ish (I think), was busy without being uncomfortable (looked like bouncers ran a tight ship), good range of beers, plenty of bar staff and very helpful even though it was busy, good music and atmosphere and quite staggered that for a Saturday night there did not seem to be a single dickhead in there*.

*Although I can't vouch for myself on that.

Sadly too late HGW. The MMC should've left the industry as it was.

The '89 MMC report was watered down for subsequent legislation leading to the slow motion car crash of the last 25 years.
There are some 'green shoots'. There have been bright points too W&D (aka Marstons) evading capture by Pubmaster.

The '89 MMC report was watered down for subsequent legislation leading to the slow motion car crash of the last 25 years.
There are some 'green shoots'. There have been bright points too W&D (aka Marstons) evading capture by Pubmaster.

If it was watered down why did the MMC later regret what they did? I'm sure that they reported that they made a mistake. The Beer Orders killed the trade although it was revoked in 2003?

If it was watered down why did the MMC later regret what they did? I'm sure that they reported that they made a mistake. The Beer Orders killed the trade although it was revoked in 2003?

The Beer Orders were a watered down version of the MMC 1989 recomendations enacted by Lord Young (he minded to accept the report on publication) post industry lobbying. The government finally agreed the failing in 2003. I'm not disputing that. I wrote extensively on the subject during that period.

Brewdog bar opening in Dundee on Friday and I think I'm going to go to the opening night. Not sure if my wallet will be able to take it though, I've heard that they can be pretty expensive.

Not beer but apparently The Co-Op are selling Glen Moray Classic Single Malt 70cl for £15.35.

Which I assume is a good price for whisky?

Purity - Mad Goose is fantastic out of the bottle

Back