• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I have some Polish neighbours moved in next door. I went round to help them set up their TalkTalk router as they don't speak much English to be able to talk to tech support over the phone. As a thank you they brought me round some cans of Polish lager.

Tyskie Gronie - Not bad at all. Quite strong (5.6%), tastes a bit like Stella.
Lech Premium - Rubbish. Weakish and not much taste to it (5.2% but didn't taste like it). I wasn't doing the Poznan afterwards put it that way....

I've been in touch with the Purity brewery and they are willing to supply their bottled ales to the cricket club that I play for.

It's a bit of a trek from Nottingham Stan especially if your intention is to drink the ale and then have to drive/find your way home. Normally a place available in the team each week though. Maybe the Purity can boost the numbers wanting to play on a Saturday.

Haha you're right.

It's funny you should say that I have been toying with the idea of trying to attempt to play some form of cricket this week. Although admittedly somewhere a bit more local!

I have some Polish neighbours moved in next door. I went round to help them set up their TalkTalk router as they don't speak much English to be able to talk to tech support over the phone. As a thank you they brought me round some cans of Polish lager.

Tyskie Gronie - Not bad at all. Quite strong (5.6%), tastes a bit like Stella.
Lech Premium - Rubbish. Weakish and not much taste to it (5.2% but didn't taste like it). I wasn't doing the Poznan afterwards put it that way....
I've got some Polish beer in. Mixed quality but I really recommend Perla. Very nice.

I've got a Polish shop down the road. Will have to have a look in.

There's a normal and export, I prefer the normal stuff, its got a touch of Peroni about it.

Yep, Purity beers are amongst my favourites for bottled ale. Also try UBU and Pure Gold.

Grabbed one of these on a 4 for £5 offer at Asda because i recognised the name from this thread, don't let me down Ian.

I've just been and got 4 more of the Mad Goose

Tanglefoot from Badger's - on offer locally at 90p for 500ml.

Very smooth & dulling the pain of Iran v Nigeria which is still on as I can't be bothered to get up to turn it off.

Got a Fullers Pride in me hand, not brilliant, but it'll have to do.

I would like to thank beer for helping me get through the Iran v Nigeria game.

The Waggon and Horses, Worcester Street, Stourbridge open from this Thursday, 29th May from 5pm (subject to miserable bastards objecting again). Enville, Enville Ginger, Ma Pardoe's Entire, "Waggon Whale" (rebadged Salopian Gold), Thatchers etc etc. Shame I can't make it until the weekend. If any of you lot are going, leave some for me.

Thought I'd give a bit of feedback as I've been to the Waggon a few times since it's opened. The Enville Ale is the best pint of Enville I've had anywhere other than the brewery tap - it's a fabulous pint. They've had some quality guest ales such as Holdens Golden Glow and even Dark Star Hop Head.

The prices are very decent, the atmosphere is good, they've made it into a bit of a gem. And it seems to be going well.

WW - I spoke to you brother when I was last in there and he seemed to be pleased with it all, and so he should be. Well worth a visit if you're in Stourbridge for whatever reason.

Back