• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Straub - Maibock( or Malbock as some spell it ) brewed in St Marys PA. Bit cloudy looking , but tastes bostin.

Can someone tell me what Fullers London Pride is like. We have been given a special tap for our beer kegerator that will take a keg of this beer. Only we want to know what its like before we buy 15.5 gallons of the stuff !

Some description of this beer would be most welcome.

Can someone tell me what Fullers London Pride is like. We have been given a special tap for our beer kegerator that will take a keg of this beer. Only we want to know what its like before we buy 15.5 gallons of the stuff !

It's quite nice actually - it's very much a middle of the road bitter - it's not too dark or too light, a quaffable session ale if you like. There's much worse out there. It's a very popular beer - you can easily find it pretty much everywhere in the UK.

It's not Fullers' best beer but it's okay.

It's OK, but nothing special. (Unlike Young's Special). A bit bland.

Thanks for ya thoughts chaps.

Think we may pass on this one.

It's quite nice actually - it's very much a middle of the road bitter - it's not too dark or too light, a quaffable session ale if you like. There's much worse out there. It's a very popular beer - you can easily find it pretty much everywhere in the UK.

It's not Fullers' best beer but it's okay.

This. They had Pride on tap at the Cat and Canary, but I passed.

Most of their beers are nicer than Pride. I'm not sure how it's become so dominant. It can be quite hard to find anything else down here.

Yeah it does seem a bit odd that of all their beers, Pride is the one that sells the best!

We did a bit of a pub crawl in London after the Orient game and noticed just how many people were drinking pride. There were some amazing beers on at the same time - I'd never even contemplate a pint of it if there was Dark Star, Thornbridge Jaipur etc etc next to it on the bar! (We did have one in a pub close to the ground but there was naff all on except for Pride).

Tetley's used to be brewed in leeds, but now it's brewed in Northampton. Sadly it's not as good as it was. Still palatable, but not the same.

Back