• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Arse - just seen langers post.

mental note #1 - be wary of posting on threads you never even read
mental note #2 - watch that langers fella, he's thinking about beer at 9.30 in the morning :yikes:

Lemonjelly, it's worse than you think...

0647 actually. My mate bought a 12 pack of Bathams for the journey. And I didn't have to go to work the next day. You can't beat an away day, and that one was an absolute classic.

Anyone fancing a beer festival after the game tomorrow there is one at The Station in Codsall this weekend.

Anyone fancing a beer festival after the game tomorrow there is one at The Station in Codsall this weekend.

There is indeed - 36 real ales and a decent selection of ciders. Quite a good selection by all accounts. Tempted to make the trip up at some point over the weekened.

Oakham - Citra on in my local tonight. Lovely beer for a warm Friday night.

It is Leeds and a bloody fine brew it is too. A local pub to me 'The Mainwaring Arms' serves it and it's excellent. I think it's still owned by the family and they're opening up several other pubs to serve Joules as the main drink too.

Several open/opening in Shropshire. Their IPA is great and pub tours organised FOC by their landlords are worth doing. Good tour, free beer (as much as you want) and decent food too.

I had a couple of pints of Trident by the Arundel Brewery last night. Rather pleasing pint it was too.

Bristol Food Festival started today so heading into the centre tonight. I hope to get my hands on a few decent ales, the ones I've sampled recently here have been piss poor,

Cracking choice.

Gorgeous beer. Can't think of many better for a warm summer night like this.

Midges have driven us inside and onto the whiskey. Oban 14 year.

Several open/opening in Shropshire. Their IPA is great and pub tours organised FOC by their landlords are worth doing. Good tour, free beer (as much as you want) and decent food too.

I'll have to try a tour. Do you have any links?

A year already?

10258355_10202927768648112_748637561396948036_n.jpg

It's also going to be on sale, chilled and freshly brewed at Sonisphere.

Going to post some reviews?

I forgot to do this.

Went to the Seven Stars the night it opened and it was chaos - absolutely packed. They had Enville Ale, Deuchars, Theakstons and a beer called Seven Stars Ale, thoughI'm not sure who brews that one.

The Enville was actually extremely good. I was impressed.

BUT - I went back last night to watch the Brighton v Derby game and I had a pint of Deuchars and a pint of Green Duck - Blonde Duck. Both were absolutely revolting - really, really badly kept. It seems to me that they haven't got a clue how to look after their ales. There was no Enville at all, and when I asked if it was coming back on soon, the bar maid looked totally lost!

Maybe it was just a one off but to keep 2 beers so badly does not bode well. :( Deuchars is normally quite nice, but I really struggled to finish it. I won't write it off just yet though. We shall see.

Hopefully the Waggon and Horses will be better.

Currently in the Cat and Canary, Fisherman's Walk, Canary Wharf. Not many fishermen walking but the Fullers ESB and Brit Hop are superb. £4.09 for the ESB and £3.94 for the Brit Hop though.

Just added a Gales' Seafarers to the list. A snip at £3.46!

Finally the Truman's Lazarus. I have saved the best until last. Absolutely superb. It's certainly brought me back from the dead. £4.05 well spent. A good show from Truman!

Back