• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Glow and Enville white > Bathams in my opinion.

They're all very nice but I don't think Enville comes close to the rest. Hobsons is also much better than Enville IMO (Town Crier is amazing).

And when it's on song, there's no beer to match Bathams at all.

My mother-in-law bought me some Badger beers for Christmas (brewery is local to her). I don't normally like their stuff too much but I have to say that the Poacher's Choice was really nice.

Currently in Bridgnorth enjoying a pint of Town Crier. Lovely stuff. So chuffed I booked these extra 2 days off.

Beer; I've packed it in and am 'on the wagon'. The longest I've ever gone without a drink (in 30 odd years) is 10 days...

Currently sipping on a Hoegaarden, couldn't stand the stuff 18 months ago. Three trips to Belgium in that time and now its really grown on me.

Had the pleasure of being back in Wordsley on the 28th December.

New Inn - 2 x Bathams Mild
Queens Head - 1 x Pig on the Wall
Rose and Crown - 1 x Enville Ginger

... and then to the Crystal Balti for a delicious curry and a typically enormous peshwari naan.

Fabulous evening.

As an aside, the Queens Head (now a BCA pub) has been opened up a bit and spruced up quite a lot. There's about nine ales on each night with usually three that are BCA and the rest from all over the place. Shame I didn't have longer there.

I was in the Queens Head on Sunday night, coincidentally - saw it was a BCA place so went for a look-see. The decor is just like the Lych Gate, as were the beers. Which is a good thing.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that it's so close to the New Inn!!

Both pubs better than the Rose and Crown which has a very good selection of beers but the place is far too loud and a bit tatty for my liking.

Old Tom - what a dangerous beer. I normally struggle with very strong beers, but that was exceptionally smooth and drinkable. I could quite easily have drunk myself under the table. Fortunately I was on the sofa.

Old Tom - what a dangerous beer. I normally struggle with very strong beers, but that was exceptionally smooth and drinkable. I could quite easily have drunk myself under the table. Fortunately I was on the sofa.

It's great stuff, but lethal!

Same brewery that did the Elbow and Iron Maiden beers.

Yeah, the Maiden beer was very good too. We don't often get Robinson's beers down here so it's been nice for a change.

Yeah, the Maiden beer was very good too. We don't often get Robinson's beers down here so it's been nice for a change.

I don't see it very often either. Shame as I used to enjoy a nice pint of Unicorn in the Britons Protection when I lived in Manchester.

Did you ever get round to trying a bottle of Trooper?

Would you say the Elbow beer was a bit flat and lifeless?

Ok, I'll stop now.

I need to try this:

6_1.jpg

When I lived in Manchester, my local was a Beartown pub - their best beer was called Kodiak Gold. Decent brewery - based near Stockport I think?

Back