• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Mine go through to twitter already so I'm good

Manning the Holden's account tonight, Langers?

Machin has about 800 people he's friends with.
And about 200 have surnames of Machin!
Took me about 15 minutes to scroll down through them!

A monster list!
You notifications must be monstrous/continual!

Todays result tempered by a couple of glasses of very pleasant Abbot Ale which I found on offer at Asda today

Machin has about 800 people he's friends with.
And about 200 have surnames of Machin!
Took me about 15 minutes to scroll down through them!

A monster list!
You notifications must be monstrous/continual!

You must have me mistaken mate. I have about 4 friends on UnTappd.

Had a pint of UBU in the Plough and Harrow last night. Tremendously tasty. I do enjoy Purity ales.

We did our Christmas shop in Sainsburys last night and they had an unusually good selection of beers on their 3 for £5 deal, a lot of which we don't often see down here. I came out with:

Robinson's Trooper (not had it - though obviously heard about it on here)
Robinson's Old Tom (not had it)
Fullers EPA (an old favourite)
Hogs Back T.E.A. (old favourite, brewery round the corner from us)
Manchester Star (not had)
Innis & Gun (Not had for quite a while)

Old Tom is absolutely lovely but very, very potent! Who does Manchester Star?

Got a bottle of this from a colleague yesterday:

58_BatemansRoseyNoseyBottle-350x350.jpg

That's Christmas morning sorted then! :D

I haven't contributed on here before as I am a bit of a philistine (ie I drink anything), but am just really enjoying a selection of beers from the Teme Valley Brewery :-

The Hop Nouvelle
Hearth Warmer and
Wotever Next.

Very nice.

Ah yes - a regular haunt of mine in Manchester was a Lees pub. I like most of their stuff but for god's sake keep away from Moonraker. It's fucking rank.

Correct!
Quite a disappointment I must say.
Especially as I bought 6 bottles thinking it would be great.

I should have put it down the drains to stop them getting blocked up!

We did our Christmas shop in Sainsburys last night and they had an unusually good selection of beers on their 3 for £5 deal, a lot of which we don't often see down here. I came out with:

Robinson's Trooper (not had it - though obviously heard about it on here)
Robinson's Old Tom (not had it)
Fullers EPA (an old favourite)
Hogs Back T.E.A. (old favourite, brewery round the corner from us)
Manchester Star (not had)
Innis & Gun (Not had for quite a while)

That Fullers is lovely SLA, but if you can get yourself a bottle of Innis & Gunn 'Whisky finish' and another bottle of 'Rum finish'.
Try the 'Original one first, then the other two immediately following.
You'll not need much more than that...

Where I used to live near Stockport, about 9 out of the 12 local pubs were Robinson's. And they point blank refused to serve Old Tom in pint glasses. You had to pretend you getting drinks for other people then at your table, tip 2 of them into a pint glass. It's a Winter Warmer, and very strong.... around 7 or 8%.

Tell you what, a terrific little bottle is Guinness Export. You need the little bottle with the red writing on it. That's about 8. something and is a little rocker. Very intense flavour and a terric 2 bottles in a pint glass drink!

I just bought some bottles of innis and gunn from Tesco, they've got a cherrywood finish one that's 8.3%

Purity Mad Goose is stupidly good out of a bottle. Up there with Glow. Annoyed I only bought two of the buggers.

I sampled (along with Langers and ID) Old Mill Bitter yesterday at The Bridge Inn, Rotherham. A very pleasant tipple indeed.

Back