• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

on the subject of beer, has anyone tried their hands at home brewing. I will be getting a starter set for Christmas but might get more into it if that is successful!

on the subject of beer, has anyone tried their hands at home brewing. I will be getting a starter set for Christmas but might get more into it if that is successful!

Not me personally, but one of my mates does. He gets recipes for his favourite ales and tries to recreate them. He does a very nice Hippy IPA :D

I did many years ago. My dad, though, used to brew some really good ones.

I did many years ago. My dad, though, used to brew some really good ones.

Similar here. My late Father made some very decent beers, sadly I did not follow in his footsteps. While my efforts were usually just about drinkable, I did tend to make the beer that strong that it would have knocked an elephant off its feet. Super strength with little flavour was obviously not the answer, as my friends told me when they regained consciousness.

My grandad used to make an excellent homemade brew. Full of flavour, and quite strong. Think thats how I got the liking for beer. I would have been about 6 at the time.

I remeber one mate's dad always had a barrel of homebrew in his kitchen. We'd go round there on a Friday night and get absolutely hammered on it. He had a half-yard which we would try and drink without spilling - not an easy task!
I remeber this one party he had where we were drinking straight from the barrel tap - it got a bit messy and I ended up taking my top off as it was getting covered in beer. I, naturally, drank so much I literally passed out on the sofa, still with no top on. I woke the next morning to find I had been drawn all over with a permanent marker - a huge knob drawn on my back and coloured in nipples were the particular highlight.

This was last year....

Having read the last few pages of this thread, I'm also on untapped, but only have 2 friends, Machin and Langers.

I've also requested Stan to be a friend, but he's ignored me up to now. Wanker.

Sorry - you'll have to beg for me to accept...

I now have you all as friends...you were all sat there waiting

Can I ask all you Untappd-ers a favour? If you happen to have a Holdens beer, can you tag it on Twitter for me please?

Has anyone visited the Holdens Bottleshop? Is it worth a visit?

I'm thinking of having a trip over next week and was going to pick up some beer if it's worth it.

Has anyone visited the Holdens Bottleshop? Is it worth a visit?

I'm thinking of having a trip over next week and was going to pick up some beer if it's worth it.

Is Salman Rushdie ex-directory?

I'm afraid that reference goes straight over my head...

Anyway I might have to couple this trip with Lunch at the Bull and Bladder just to try a proper Bathams...

I'm afraid that reference goes straight over my head...

Anyway I might have to couple this trip with Lunch at the Bull and Bladder just to try a proper Bathams...

When are you going, Jack? If you can make it the week after, I'm off work so will gladly meet up with you for lunch.

It does it automatically if you check in a pint of it on UnTappd.

I shall be having a couple of bottles tonight.

You need to add the Twitter option for it to show though.

Back