• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Yet you cringe with disdain at its mere mention. It does bother how popular it is, admit it :icon_wink:

It's a bit like music. Bland is the biggest crime for me - that's why I have the same opinion about Stereophonics and Manic Street Preachers that you do about Doom Bar.

The Holy Bible is not bland! Although I will concede that Manics have these days turned into a musical version of tank tops.

I have got some Spitfire and Bombardier in, the problem is trying to resist it until Christmas.

Tonight I shall be having a glass or two of forty niner brewed by the Ringwood brewery. An excellent drink.

Seconded. Permanent I presume.....!

He can redeem himself by drinking proper beer on Saturday. My son will also be there so Paddy needs to be responsible and ensure that he doesn't see one of my friends drinking crappy lager.

I agree with Langers. It was ok but not particularly tasty. I preferred Hobgoblin or Pedigree. Glow was much better even out of a bottle.

I agree with Langers. It was ok but not particularly tasty. I preferred Hobgoblin or Pedigree. Glow was much better even out of a bottle.

Useless fact of the day:

My mother-in-law makes a very tasty beer cake using Hobgoblin.

Also, Hobgoblin did my favourite beer advert ever. I have this on a t-shirt.

art_lagerboy_whatsthematter_800x.jpg

I should get one for Paddy.

In the pub last night the Hobgoblin tap had the little goblins with their eyes that flash and light up. Very odd.

But it's completely different - I'd much rather people drank Doom Bar as opposed to Carling/Fosters/John Smiths or even Guinness as it does at least help promote a real ale, albeit it an incredibly bland and ordinary one when there are far better, tastier options available in practically every pub who serves ale.

No it's the same. I'd rather people listen to Foo Fighters, Sterophonics & Manics than Leona Lewis, Little Mix and Olly fucking Murs.

No it's the same. I'd rather people listen to Foo Fighters, Sterophonics & Manics than Leona Lewis, Little Mix and Olly fucking Murs.

But you hate the Manics/Stereophonics don't you? I hate Kasabian/Kaiser Chiefs.

I don't rate Doom Bar and wouldn't have it over most ales but I don't hate it. I'm just overly-vocal about it!

You do hate it!

I don't - honest. I'm just OTT about it sometimes to prove my point!!

*backtracks through thread to see if I've posted 'I hate Doom Bar' in the past*

You've said it vocally in person before, I'm sure! Anyway, I don't hate Foo's etc (I regard them more as musical criminals), that's why it's comparable.

You've said it vocally in person before, I'm sure! Anyway, I don't hate Foo's etc (I regard them more as musical criminals), that's why it's comparable.

I also said I looked 'fucking stunning' with a moustache. Ever heard of exaggeration for comic effect?

usa3aden.jpg

Just picked up this little beauty for £1.29 in B&M Bargains. Didn't even know they sold ales let alone Sadlers!

Gutted. They had no Glow at Asda, so my click and collect had 8 extra bottles of Holdens Special instead.

Went to the Holdens brewery today. Bought a 12 pack of Glow and a 12 mixed pack for Christmas plus a jar of Golden Glow chutney!

Back