• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Got your request Phil.

Added a new beer to Untappd today. Advanced ale drinker, ay I.

So, what am I missing out on having not yet tried Holden's Golden Glow?

The answer is in your question, sir.

Sometimes it pays to fix people's personal laptops!

11335637785_13f520299f_c.jpg

I'm collecting my first Asda beer shop of the festive season this evening. On the order are:

2x
HobsonsTownCrier.jpg

8x
HoldensGoldenGlow.jpg

2x
purity+ubu.jpg

2x
201445.jpg

2x
PurityMadGoose.jpg

4x
WyeValleyHPA.jpg

Bring it on!

I love all of those mate - be careful with the Town Crier as it has sediment in it.

I love all of those mate - be careful with the Town Crier as it has sediment in it.

Cheers for the headsup! The TicketyBrew ales I've had recently have the yeast in the bottle. Not a massive problem if you don't mind it a bit cloudy and remember not to guzzle the glass dry :D

Cheers for the headsup! The TicketyBrew ales I've had recently have the yeast in the bottle. Not a massive problem if you don't mind it a bit cloudy and remember not to guzzle the glass dry :D

Yeah just a question of pouring carefully. It's a nice bottled ale is Town Crier but it's not a patch on the real thing - one of my all time favourites. They have it in the Railwaymans Arms in Bridgnorth and it's amazing stuff. Annoyingly, they also always have Bathams and about 5 other guests and I never get enough time to try them all.

Yeah just a question of pouring carefully. It's a nice bottled ale is Town Crier but it's not a patch on the real thing - one of my all time favourites. They have it in the Railwaymans Arms in Bridgnorth and it's amazing stuff. Annoyingly, they also always have Bathams and about 5 other guests and I never get enough time to try them all.

Now you know how Mourinho feels when selecting his midfield.

Good selection of Asda beers there. I rarely shop in Asda but popped in last night and was pleasantly surprised at the selection.
I will be going back and loading up my car with the 4 for £5 deal....

I downloaded the Asda app for Android last night and did it all from the comfort of my own home. I collect it all tonight. Minimal time in store as possible!

I tried some Doombar the other week at a carvery. Was alright.

I tried some Doombar the other week at a carvery. Was alright.

Ignore Langers' hyperbole. He sees DoomBar as I see Foo Fighters. Inordinately popular.

Ignore Langers' hyperbole. He sees DoomBar as I see Foo Fighters. Inordinately popular.

Not at all - I see it as a bog standard Cornish ale - far too malty and very little flavour behind it. Also see Skinners ales. I don't give a shit how popular it is if it tastes nice, see Timmy Taylor Landlord and even London Pride for example.

Doom Bar isn't exactly horrible, just incredibly bland. In punditry terms, it's a Michael Owen in a world full of Gary Nevilles.

Doom Bar isn't exactly horrible...

Yet you cringe with disdain at its mere mention. It does bother how popular it is, admit it :icon_wink:

It's a bit like music. Bland is the biggest crime for me - that's why I have the same opinion about Stereophonics and Manic Street Preachers that you do about Doom Bar.

Yet you cringe with disdain at its mere mention. It does bother how popular it is, admit it :icon_wink:

It's a bit like music. Bland is the biggest crime for me - that's why I have the same opinion about Stereophonics and Manic Street Preachers that you do about Doom Bar.

But it's completely different - I'd much rather people drank Doom Bar as opposed to Carling/Fosters/John Smiths or even Guinness as it does at least help promote a real ale, albeit it an incredibly bland and ordinary one when there are far better, tastier options available in practically every pub who serves ale.

Whereas if someone told me they enjoy the music of the Kaiser Chiefs/Kasabian, I'd change the subject quickly as I wouldn't want to tell them they don't deserve ears.

Think of it as the equivalent of my opinion on David Edwards - I think he's a bang average player, but I still want him to do well as it benefits Wolves. But there are far better options*.

*please ignore the fact that I put him in my preferred XI for Saturday...

Back