• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Speaking of Beer52, this is in the post:

Moor Beer Company - Union Hop
Paradise - Blackberry Milkshake IPA
Harbour - Ellensberg
Firebrand Brewing Co - NEIPA
Wild Beer Co - Sleeping Limes
Fierce & Noble - Session IPA
Wobbly Brewing - IPA No.3
Lost & Grounded - Keller Pils

Let us know how the Firebrand NEIPA is. Been ages since I've seen any of their beer knocking around. Used to love their Graffiti IPA.

I've been really impressed with Fierce & Noble locally. Nothing fancy, just good solid beers.

People are fucking stupid.

Saved you a click there, folks.

It's a decent article and I remember Doom Bar getting me into a different drink other than Carling and abysmal Banks's drinks. Of course with better drink now being available I think people drink it out of brand loyalty as it's pretty bland when compared with others. But then people drink Worthington's, Banks's, Greene King and others and they're just the same bland drink.

I thought it was a pretty interesting read, tbf. It seems that the publicans have a huge role to play in the success of a beer - they loved Doom Bar because it was easy to manage, required less on-site conditioning and was ready to serve within hours of being delivered. If all the pubs sell it, then people will undoubtedly buy it.

Last order before Christmas but I'll squeeze in visit to The Wine Seller at the end of this week to top up. Christmas dinner beer's in here already though.

Lervig - Perler For Svin NE IPA 6.3%
Left Handed Giant - Dream House Pale Ale 5.9%
Wylam - Fruits Of Perception Green Fruit Kettle Sour 5.8%
The Garden Brewery - Vanilla Chocolate Porter 6.7%
Signature Brew - Nightliner Coffee Porter 5.7%
Mikkeller - Tattoo Inked Series: #2 IPA 6.6%
Kernel - London 1890 Export Stout 7.2%
Loka Polly - Citra Simcoe DIPA 8.5%
Brew by Numbers - 55 Triple Dry Hopped Citra Double IPA 8.5%
Puhaste - Pohjanael BA Imperial Baltic Porter 12.0%
Puhaste - Tumeaine Guatemalan Coffee Imperial Stout 11.0%

I hope you have better luck with BBNo's 55 than I did. Completely cocked. We tried 3 more cans, all oxidised.
8c28cf82f13d403b28df6330243316b0.jpg

Shit. Actually thought twice about ordering that one as well.

However, their DDH Table Pale with El Dorado and Citra is brilliant for a 3.5% (BBNo 27).

Got a bottle of this with my black Friday box, really nice. Wheat Beer with Passion Fruit.
0c239acd983e22c772d8edd490564433.jpg

Please don't drink and drive during Christmas and New Year.

If you want to drive safely, I can help you out.
Please call me, I'm very experienced and will come and will drink virtually anything on your behalf, allowing you to drive safely, and without fear of prosecution.
Merry Christmas![emoji485] [emoji1634]

Question- is the odd juicy sensation, not necessarily taste, the hops in IPAs, sours etc? Or fruit? Some have it and some don't. Like an odd, mouth watering yet juicy feel is the best way I can describe it lul. Just cracked a Cloudwater 8.5 DIPA and that doesn't seem to. Had a To Ol saison and lemonade IPA this week that did. The couple of sours I've tried have had it. A few IPAs but can't remember which, but most I've tried don't have it

Had a beer that a absolutely loved the other night. Tiny Rebels Pump up the jam.

Tasted just like I expected, a jam donut! Gonna be ordering a few online as my local sold out in a couple of days...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Had a taste of that in the London before the Liverpool game. Not bad.

Paddy also had a taste...his reaction wasn't a positive one though.

Yeah I’ve had that, great at first but maybe a little too much by the end. One to hold off with the Untapped rating until you’ve finished it!

Question- is the odd juicy sensation, not necessarily taste, the hops in IPAs, sours etc? Or fruit? Some have it and some don't. Like an odd, mouth watering yet juicy feel is the best way I can describe it lul. Just cracked a Cloudwater 8.5 DIPA and that doesn't seem to. Had a To Ol saison and lemonade IPA this week that did. The couple of sours I've tried have had it. A few IPAs but can't remember which, but most I've tried don't have it
In IPAs it's a combination of things. The hops will give fruity flavour, but the juicy mouthful will come from oats and wheat. Some have fruit in, but that Cloudy are DIPA won't.

Got given a box of Brewdog beers for Christmas.a few I won't drink but 1 in the box is pointless...an alcohol free Raspberry Sour. Out of the 4 words only Raspberry gets a thumbs up.

Back