• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Beer52 have refunded the difference between the £24.00 and the £2.95.

I have cancelled my beer52 subscription and joined honestbrew.co.uk honesty box, a bit more a month but beers are unreal. Like Boozad only realised free gifts other day, arrived today got glass, beer blade, 3 free beers- still water classique, magic rock session ipa and burning sky easy answers ipa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45807152

Thought this was interesting - it's something my work mates and I have commented on with the students here - the days of frequent partying etc at uni seem to be far less than they used to be! I wonder if the drinking culture is going to drastically change over the coming years?

I have also massively cut down over the past 18 months or so - very much quality over quantity for me now!! I've loads of cans/bottles at home but I just don't feel like it during the week, and sometimes I don't bother at the weekend either. (September being an exception - had a ridiculous amount of stuff happening which meant I had way more than usual).

I have cancelled my beer52 subscription and joined honestbrew.co.uk honesty box, a bit more a month but beers are unreal. Like Boozad only realised free gifts other day, arrived today got glass, beer blade, 3 free beers- still water classique, magic rock session ipa and burning sky easy answers ipa

Welcome to the forum mate! Good to see you on here! If you fancy picking your own beers you'd be better off cancelling the Honesty Box and joining the Bank Members instead. You deposit £20 per month and get 10% on top of your deposits. You can top up every month how much you like on top of that and get 10% on top of that too, so if you deposit £50 you get £55 worth of beer plus free delivery. I love it, plus your Loyalty Bonuses soon rack up that way and you get to choose your own beers.

Remembered to order my three freebies as well this week, they'll be here tomorrow. :)

Welcome to the forum mate! Good to see you on here! If you fancy picking your own beers you'd be better off cancelling the Honesty Box and joining the Bank Members instead. You deposit £20 per month and get 10% on top of your deposits. You can top up every month how much you like on top of that and get 10% on top of that too, so if you deposit £50 you get £55 worth of beer plus free delivery. I love it, plus your Loyalty Bonuses soon rack up that way and you get to choose your own beers.

Remembered to order my three freebies as well this week, they'll be here tomorrow. :)

Is Honestbrew the best of the online beer places then Boozad?

Looking to widen my beer tastes and I'm just not organised enough to go to physical shops and get beer.

Is Honestbrew the best of the online beer places then Boozad?

Looking to widen my beer tastes and I'm just not organised enough to go to physical shops and get beer.

It is in my opinion mate. It has a great range of beers that's updated weekly and a brilliant constant stock of cheaper core ranges, the cheaper beers do vary as well but there's always a massive choice. They always bring in new beers from the States and Europe as well so they're a really good way of discovering new and far flung breweries.

The bank membership is worth it alone just for the 10% 'beer credits' you get if you're prepared to commit to £20p/m and you get the added bonus of 10% on anything you want to top up over that as well. Then there's the Loyalty stuff, it took me ages to notice this but it includes staged benefits such as a free bar blade, free glass, three free beers, 5% off the brewery of your choice forever, early access to new releases and more. I've posted a shot of the benefits I've earned so you can see in more detail. If you're interested in joining let me know, I think I can get £10 of free beers with a referral (I'll have to check on that and confirm).

EDIT: If I sent you a referral you'd get £10 off your first order of £35 or more.

But in a nutshell yeah, they're the best I've found in my opinion and there customer service is second to none.

Xle37sd.jpg

It is in my opinion mate. It has a great range of beers that's updated weekly and a brilliant constant stock of cheaper core ranges, the cheaper beers do vary as well but there's always a massive choice. They always bring in new beers from the States and Europe as well so they're a really good way of discovering new and far flung breweries.

The bank membership is worth it alone just for the 10% 'beer credits' you get if you're prepared to commit to £20p/m and you get the added bonus of 10% on anything you want to top up over that as well. Then there's the Loyalty stuff, it took me ages to notice this but it includes staged benefits such as a free bar blade, free glass, three free beers, 5% off the brewery of your choice forever, early access to new releases and more. I've posted a shot of the benefits I've earned so you can see in more detail. If you're interested in joining let me know, I think I can get £10 of free beers with a referral (I'll have to check on that and confirm).

EDIT: If I sent you a referral you'd get £10 off your first order of £35 or more.

But in a nutshell yeah, they're the best I've found in my opinion and there customer service is second to none.

Xle37sd.jpg
Nice one. I easily spend £20 a month on beer, so spending it here better is not a problem.

Would have taken you up on the referral but I've just checked and already have an account. No idea when I created it though!

No problem, nice to find forgotten about beer accounts! If you're spending more than that on beer a month then sign up for the Bank Membership, it's a no brainer. Free beer which the Honesty Box doesn't have, order when you like plus you get to choose your own.

Picked up some beers from the local off license this evening.

2 x Lervig - Perler For Svin - 6.3% IPA
2 x Magic Rock - Saucery - 3.9% IPA
2 x Lervig - Liquid Sex Robot - 7.9% IPA (amazing can design, btw)
2 x Beavertown - X Omnipollo, mango milk breakfast IPA - 8.3% (mango, coconut flakes, vanilla)
2 x White Hag No. 40 Table Saison - 2.6%
2 x Wiper and True - Kaleidoscope - 4.2% Pale Ale
Cloudwater Helles Tettnanger 4.8%
Cloudwater Summer Pale Ale 4%
Cloudwater DDH IPA Citra Ekuanot 6.5%
Cloudwater DDH IPA Citra Mosaic BBC 6.5%
Lervig - House Party - 4% session ale

The guy threw in 3 x cans of To ol that had gone out of date a week ago (kept them in the fridge so should be fine) for free.

Pint Shop in Brum is fucking awesome - literally next door to the Wellington and it opened last week. Really nice atmosphere and a fuckton of beers on.

SKF1CXgUFXiQtFsLuDkGtrKDnhUFEH5QV1pH-04Z_sTB_EtT-Skb0zkHVz57qXgvUmZA25KNG5Pc8MfnRQvCZXS_wrTIAxMpAn6OOQsQRfwz8hArXsfE8oTkPXGEGBE1sE-_iOmb1Rxjhx6ucOTpAjQeEVZViN_sZHfhWEXZaPuX96nHVd9B6krWjXmYbBWLiS6qfPKBVFXhz9k4_lC2aHTMII1NAW9wQ_NHA4nRTy56gOZM-75QGEHuEweKJzd7r9tP3SWx02ZizQSZpUyov69C04OLqot4KlWFBBZTgvjuYy0FdZyp6VuyE3RoLwI-tbYRFmt3IPgPaqEFheWBgSWNxjMSiaOB1hpd3Q5CSy9kKpagAX8ncSPFT084gnWsBmDspuFxsIsLeGpOVwBcbKwSkgv0N53Ch90uw7FNZRPXAwx0HQc08oP7KnhJ1rwk9lANEaCQJHS3GuXivJ2nBiXXVzsa0ixzcC5gn5ruaT9BtxwH-hlGrm_Cr8zV3wppEek0NnxhrgTN7yiE-aJq3w1y9hiXse_RHMdYCD-jm8Zas7yLQ4Mcf6HexBi83mBsW1ut7MMTgWBO6Vx7JdL8KVScdExqzG3PDVgqRchTeFtBaFpAd4ec35qWqaxkqXE=w534-h949-no

Pint Shop in Brum is fucking awesome - literally next door to the Wellington and it opened last week. Really nice atmosphere and a fuckton of beers on.

SKF1CXgUFXiQtFsLuDkGtrKDnhUFEH5QV1pH-04Z_sTB_EtT-Skb0zkHVz57qXgvUmZA25KNG5Pc8MfnRQvCZXS_wrTIAxMpAn6OOQsQRfwz8hArXsfE8oTkPXGEGBE1sE-_iOmb1Rxjhx6ucOTpAjQeEVZViN_sZHfhWEXZaPuX96nHVd9B6krWjXmYbBWLiS6qfPKBVFXhz9k4_lC2aHTMII1NAW9wQ_NHA4nRTy56gOZM-75QGEHuEweKJzd7r9tP3SWx02ZizQSZpUyov69C04OLqot4KlWFBBZTgvjuYy0FdZyp6VuyE3RoLwI-tbYRFmt3IPgPaqEFheWBgSWNxjMSiaOB1hpd3Q5CSy9kKpagAX8ncSPFT084gnWsBmDspuFxsIsLeGpOVwBcbKwSkgv0N53Ch90uw7FNZRPXAwx0HQc08oP7KnhJ1rwk9lANEaCQJHS3GuXivJ2nBiXXVzsa0ixzcC5gn5ruaT9BtxwH-hlGrm_Cr8zV3wppEek0NnxhrgTN7yiE-aJq3w1y9hiXse_RHMdYCD-jm8Zas7yLQ4Mcf6HexBi83mBsW1ut7MMTgWBO6Vx7JdL8KVScdExqzG3PDVgqRchTeFtBaFpAd4ec35qWqaxkqXE=w534-h949-no

Yes its awesome, went in last week.

Love the sign outside too - Beer, Meat, Bread

That beer list is pretty fucking fly.

Got a Pint Shop in Oxford. Went in there a couple of weeks back with my boss and a client. They all disappeared to the loo when we got in there so I ordered 4 x beers (can't remember what they were but I vaguely recall recognising the label so going for it). The bloke behind the bar looked me up and down and said "that's £6.50 for a half pint"... I should have laughed in his stupid face but I got the impression he didn't think I could afford that kind of drink (must be my shit beard), so I continued to order them. When the boss/client came back, I told them what had happened and we all had a little chuckle before sitting down to take our first sip of this no doubt fantastic beer that was about to send our taste buds on a wild ride for that kind of price. After the first sip had gone down, we all looked at each other and decided it was fucking shit. So left them on the side and ordered something else. A fantastic use of £26.

The beer's probably cheaply made!

I guess it's just marketing really. Good way to get Flavourly in the minds of loads of people in the build up to Christmas. It's trending on Hot Deals which will certainly help get their name spread.

Back