• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Not poo-pooing Vocation, I pick them up regularly from Asda. Less than £1.50 a can is a bargain.

Yeah, not having a pop. It just doesn't seem that long ago when Heart & Soul first came out and we were all really excited about it. Now, as you say, it's just a 'standard session IPA' that costs the same as a can of Stella!

Yeah that's true, Vocation hitting supermarkets was a big thing and I'm glad they're still there, but we're seeing more and more craft stuff available in multiple outlets now and Heart & Soul really is just standard when you look at what else in offer! Mad to think but keep it coming I say.

Trouble is I'm finding that I'm shopping at The Wine Seller and/or HonestBrew less and less often as I just can't justify the price more than once every 6 weeks or so. Plus, because there's this entry level craft available in supermarkets the cost of the next level up is getting more and more prohibitively expensive.

New cans of Axe Edge are over a fiver now. It used to be £2.70 in TWS. Even ~4.5% APAs from the likes of Wander Beyond, Whiplash, Cloudwater, Yellow Belly are close to £5 a pop. Hardly anything around the £3 mark now :-/

Prices are going up on HB as well but it’s usually breweries like Cloudwater, LHG, Mikkeller etc, some of the stuff is still reasonably priced as you’ve found. Axe Edge at a fiver is pretty bad really given it’s nearly double what it was, I suppose the fact it’s in bigger cans now rather than the 330ml bottles offsets it a bit but not by that much.

Just looked at the HB under £3 selection and there are some class beers in there, you could get some proper bang for your buck on a £50 order with that lot!

Just looked at the HB under �3 selection and there are some class beers in there, you could get some proper bang for your buck on a �50 order with that lot!

I told you boys about that section about a month ago! I ordered the following from there:

Howling Hops - Pale XX American Pale Ale
Howling Hops - Das Koolsch Kolsch
Burning Sky - Petite Saison
Howling Hops - Dinner Ale Ruby Red Ale
Partizan - Mango Pale Ale
Mikkeller - I don't have shrimp pilsner
To-ol - Tropical Rumble Session IPA
Seven Sisters - Small Beer Table Beer
North Brewing Co - Sputnik American Pale Ale
ShinDigger - IPA
Brighton Bier - Pale Ale

2 of all of the above, apart from the To-ol beer which I got 4 of. Not a bad selection.

Probably about time I got myself another order from that section of the HB website, but I'm going to swing by the local off license later to see if they have anything new in there.

Jinky said:
I told you boys about that section about a month ago!

Yeah I saw it, I always view All Beers though and filter by Newness to see what's new in. The <£3 range I've tried a lot of or just fancy something different, unfortunately they usually work out more expensive but the less than £3 filter is really handy.

Today's order, really looking forward to trying the Puhaste stuff, they're getting some really good reviews.

Whiplash - Do You Wanna Touch Me DIPA 8.3%
Signature Brew - Absolutely No Worries Brut IPA 6.5%
Tanker x Sideshow - Ero Chica Chica Pineapple NE IPA 5.5%
Tanker x Van Moll - Animal Instinct 100% Brett Fermented IPA 6.2%
Puhaste - Dekadents Raisin Vanilla Rum Imperial Stout 11.2%
Puhaste - Sume DDH DIPA 8.0%
Mondo - Champale Extra Brut IPA 6.0%
Brew by Numbers - 03|07 Baltic Porter 9.5%
Cloudwater - DIPA Citra Ekuanot BBC 8%
Wander Beyond - Sakura Twilight Imperial Chocolate Cherry Stout 11.0%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 1.01 Raw Emotions Coffee Porter 7.4%
Wiper and True - Joy as an Act of Resistance IPA 6.2%
To Øl - Dangerously Close To Stupid Amount of Kiwi DIPA 9.3%
To Øl - Dangerously Close To New England DIPA 8.0%
To Øl - Black Malts & Body Salts Black Coffee DIPA 9.9%

No idea where this is brewed, but it's bloody good.
09f9efe46935ea4343b786eab242cd0e.jpg

Fixed Wheel are opening a pub in Lye next Friday.

On Lye high street.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers - it's horrendous round there these days.

Lower High Street, where the vets used to be, apparently. *shrug*

I don't think lower or upper high street makes much difference TBH - it's just not a place you want to walk around. It's become really bad over the last few years.

Back