• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

machin05 said:
I never have high hopes for Brewdog these days.

Nor me to be honest, I did order a few of theirs a few weeks ago for the Born to Die release (one beer that is always decent) and I kept seeing people bigging up Cocoa Psycho so thought I'd get one. Don't know what all the hype was about as it's bang average. Jack Hammer still hits the spot to be fair and I still top up with Elvis Juice every week from Asda but everything else is pretty meh.

If they have the Crate Session IPA, get some of them too. Absolutely beautiful.
Had that pre West Ham away in their tap room. Absolutely banging beer as are the Crate pale and IPA.

Had that pre West Ham away in their tap room. Absolutely banging beer as are the Crate pale and IPA.
Had no idea they were releasing them all into Tesco. What a time to be alive!

Nor me to be honest, I did order a few of theirs a few weeks ago for the Born to Die release (one beer that is always decent) and I kept seeing people bigging up Cocoa Psycho so thought I'd get one. Don't know what all the hype was about as it's bang average. Jack Hammer still hits the spot to be fair and I still top up with Elvis Juice every week from Asda but everything else is pretty meh.
Cocoa Psycho is class! For the price it's a really nice beer IMO, always have a few at home when it's available.

Pretty much all of Brewdogs Overworks stuff that I've tried recently has been bang on as well. It's the core range that lets them down + the way they let standards slip as soon as a beer starts becoming popular. Elvis Juice is rank now, used to be one of the best supermarket beers available.

I like Dead Pony, Punk, Elvis Juice, Born to Die and Clockwork Tangerine from Brewdog. They still produce great beers.

The beers Leeds sorted out for me in the Northern Powerhouse series were very good bar one. The poorest one was the Cloudwater collar which was a Brown Ale which I wasn't expecting. The last two Cloudwater beers I've had have been pretty average whilst Wylam and Tiny Rebel are in good form (from my limited tasting).

Lycan said:
Cocoa Psycho is class! For the price it's a really nice beer IMO, always have a few at home when it's available.

Pretty much all of Brewdogs Overworks stuff that I've tried recently has been bang on as well. It's the core range that lets them down + the way they let standards slip as soon as a beer starts becoming popular. Elvis Juice is rank now, used to be one of the best supermarket beers available.

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all but the stuff I'd read on Twitter made it out to be one of the best stouts out there but I just thought it was pretty average. I'd drink it again at the price certainly but I wouldn't make it a go-to beer.

I haven't tried any of the Overworks stuff, is that the sour range? Elvis Juice is OK, it's definitely better than fucking Punk, now that's rank these days.

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all but the stuff I'd read on Twitter made it out to be one of the best stouts out there but I just thought it was pretty average. I'd drink it again at the price certainly but I wouldn't make it a go-to beer.

I haven't tried any of the Overworks stuff, is that the sour range? Elvis Juice is OK, it's definitely better than fucking Punk, now that's rank these days.
Have you had an Elvis Juice recently? So flavourless and overly sweet/malty. Hazy Jane is another one, the last time I had it it wasn't even hazy. You could've told me it was any bog standard golden ale and I'd have believed you.

The Overworks is the sour stuff, aye. The Abstract/Paradox series are brilliant as well.

Lycan said:
Have you had an Elvis Juice recently? So flavourless and overly sweet/malty. Hazy Jane is another one, the last time I had it it wasn't even hazy. You could've told me it was any bog standard golden ale and I'd have believed you.

The Overworks is the sour stuff, aye. The Abstract/Paradox series are brilliant as well.

I've got about Elvis Juice in the fridge, Kel always picks me four up every week when she goes to Asda. Maybe I haven't noticed the change so much seeing as I drink it every week.

I don't mind the Abstrakt stuff although I think I've only had AB:22 and AB:24, the latter is my favourite but it's too sweet for a coffee stout. Paradox Rye was decent and I've got a bottle of Paradox Grain in the cupboard, I might try it tomorrow. I forgot Restorative Beverage for Invalids and Convalescents, that's a really good DIPA.

I've got about Elvis Juice in the fridge, Kel always picks me four up every week when she goes to Asda. Maybe I haven't noticed the change so much seeing as I drink it every week.

I don't mind the Abstrakt stuff although I think I've only had AB:22 and AB:24, the latter is my favourite but it's too sweet for a coffee stout. Paradox Rye was decent and I've got a bottle of Paradox Grain in the cupboard, I might try it tomorrow. I forgot Restorative Beverage for Invalids and Convalescents, that's a really good DIPA.
To me it almost seems as if as soon as they need to produce a beer in a higher volume it gets stripped down to the basics.

Lycan said:
To me it almost seems as if as soon as they need to produce a beer in a higher volume it gets stripped down to the basics.

Good point. Small batch stuff is usually better by any brewery but their core stuff usually stays good quality, I suppose Brewdog don't have to worry about that as their sales are consistently massive.

41903754_547559679021464_3295789626131742720_n.jpg

Beer 52 box (click for larger image). Can't say I've tried any of those before...

In Lidl from tomorrow.

Heart & Soul, Caesar Augustus and Oakham Citra all worth a pop. Can't remember if I've had the London Beer Factory stuff before, but for £1.29 I'll give 'em a whirl. Probably pick up the Brains ones too - they have a micro brewery within the main site in which they brew their craft range so, imo, it's not totally fake craft.

e9513c068d4a8b1b9588c45c3348f3fd.jpg
8843a8f5ea9ac9d8c70460c009e6c372.jpg

I've had two cans of Beyond the Pale and both were oxidised to hell. Grim.

Just checked UnTappd and I'd had it on BeerBods. Gave it 3.25 and said it was nothing special. Might give the Hazey Daze a go tho.

Just checked UnTappd and I'd had it on BeerBods. Gave it 3.25 and said it was nothing special. Might give the Hazey Daze a go tho.
Ah hang on, it's the Hazy Daze that was the terrible one.

There’s only Heart & Soul on there I’d go for and that’s only a standard session IPA. Boondoggle is meh and Trooper is just as meh. None of the others take me fancy at all.

I'd give the Brain's and London stuff a tilt just to sample them. Other than Citra (which is readily available on tap) I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any of the others.

Heart and soul works out near enough the same price on any of the 4 for £6 offers anyway.

Shows how far we've come that people are poo-pooing cans of Vocation for less than £1.50 in a discount supermarket!

Back