• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just glow on this occasion though I will no doubt be back for more next week.

Have never had the golden one.

Tesco are 4 for £5 on all of their bottled ales at the moment.

Tesco are 4 for £5 on all of their bottled ales at the moment.

Not the new Stourbridge Tescos. Only certain ones are 4 for £5. Bastards.

Just glow on this occasion though I will no doubt be back for more next week.

Have never had the golden one.

It's very very similar - sometimes I actually prefer it to the Golden Glow.

I've only ever seen Holdens in ASDA, do other supermarkets stock it?

That's a nice little deal but I don't think I can justify heading into ASDA on a Friday night to get some when Lidl is a 30 second walk away and has some Breakspear ales for 99p a bottle at the mo.

I've never seen Holdens in the Nottingham ASDA unfortunately but now I know I can get it up the road from work I'll be making more frequent visits!

I've only ever seen Holdens in ASDA, do other supermarkets stock it?

That's a nice little deal but I don't think I can justify heading into ASDA on a Friday night to get some when Lidl is a 30 second walk away and has some Breakspear ales for 99p a bottle at the mo.

Thats an insane price. Does it include the Oxford Gold?

I went here last weekend and supped all six of their own brews they had on tap. It was awesome, though perhaps not the miasma that followed the day after..

je3amaqe.jpg

Rude not to on a Friday

Nice one Stanley.

Just been into Lidl and their 99p range only consists of two ales. Breakspear Bitter and Sheperd Neame Dragon Fire. They have got a 12 bottle box set for £15 with some cheeksters including Cocker Hoop and EPA.

I think Holden have done a deal with ASDA locally. I'm not keen on Golden.

Had a lovely pint of Batham's tonight. I didn't think it was really that special until tonight. Currently drinking a two pint take out. Think I still prefer Glow though.

Been drinking Holden's Black Country Lager tonight. Lovely stuff.

Been drinking Holden's Black Country Lager tonight. Lovely stuff.

I sampled that at its launch. It's very nice actually but I'd never have one over their ales.

I was in the local for a couple on Friday and they had their Chocolate Guerilla (stout) on which was brilliant - not usually a fan of chocolate beers but this one was lush. It always goes on the same night its put on so you have to be lucky to get it! Apparently they're going to start selling it in bottles though as it is so popular.

Also had a black IPA called Bonobo which was a strange experience.

It's almost time for this:

bathams-xxx.jpg

The half pint rule applies.

Last nights Bathams was particularly good in the Western. The only issue I had was that I could only drink 2 pints of it!

Back