• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Black Country Bitter in the Western. Just the job after a brisk yomp into town from Goldthorn Hill.

This evening I sampled a glass of Duck Soup, brewed by the Warwickshire Beer Company, and it was a most pleasant beer.

Yesterday I sampled the unfortunately named Butcombe Bitter. A very pleasant ale.

Yesterday I sampled the unfortunately named Butcombe Bitter. A very pleasant ale.

There's a brilliant company who run a cool little tent at major festivals called the Bimble Inn. When I've been to Glastonbury, they've served Butcombe Blonde. A lovely drop. The venue is awesome as well - a giant tipi with loads of cushions and some live music.

Sat in the Western. 3 of the guest ales arriving this week are:

Abbeydale - Absolution
Dark Star - American Pale Ale
Kelham Island - Pale Rider.

Wow. I hope they've still got at least one of these on next Tuesday.

Sat in the Western. 3 of the guest ales arriving this week are:

Abbeydale - Absolution
Dark Star - American Pale Ale
Kelham Island - Pale Rider.

Wow. I hope they've still got at least one of these on next Tuesday.

Pale Rider is a wonderful beer. Have one for me...!!

Sadly none of them are on yet!! All 3 are incredible, the Dark Star being the pick of the bunch.

Shame I can't go to the Brentford game as I reckon one of them will be on then.

Kelham brewery also do a splendid ale called "Riders on the storm". Maybe a little too sweet for some, but very refreshing.

They did lots on that theme - Bohemian Rhapsody was one of them.

Awesome brewery.

ba9u2ehy.jpg

Thank you ASDA!!

Tremendous find! Though I shall be experiencing some of the real stuff later this evening....

Awesome, looks like Asda is calling on the way home...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This was in Cov but I'd expect it to be in others too.

Tempted to clear the shelf and have one on the way back to the office...

Asda are really good for deals on ale. I thought the new Tesco is Stourbridge was even better, but their offers don't include most of the decent ales they've got.

Have you gone for a mixture of Golden Glow and Golden? Both are absolutely excellent. My favourite bottled beers.

Back