• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Indeed mate. I'm just down here for tonight and then back again on 4 November.

I'm looking at going to Brum in a couple of weeks for a Real Ale session...

Looking for recommendations as there may be a few pubs I dont know about

Ones on the list so far are Bacchus, Old Joint Stock, Wellington and Post Office Vaults

Where else is recommended to get a good beer and an interesting pub? Not looking for swanky bar or anything as fancy an alternative night out...

I'm looking at going to Brum in a couple of weeks for a Real Ale session...

Looking for recommendations as there may be a few pubs I dont know about

Ones on the list so far are Bacchus, Old Joint Stock, Wellington and Post Office Vaults

Where else is recommended to get a good beer and an interesting pub? Not looking for swanky bar or anything as fancy an alternative night out...

The Craven Arms by the Mailbox, also try The Anchor in Digbeth. The Brewdog Bar is also worth a look but it's pricey in there. Bacchus/Old Joint Stock are overrated IMO in terms of ale quality.

The Craven Arms by the Mailbox, also try The Anchor in Digbeth. The Brewdog Bar is also worth a look but it's pricey in there. Bacchus/Old Joint Stock are overrated IMO in terms of ale quality.

I agree on the last note but always worth taking people in who haven't seen them as they are impressive inside...

Will add the ones you have mentioned to the list, cheers! :)

I agree on the last note but always worth taking people in who haven't seen them as they are impressive inside...

Will add the ones you have mentioned to the list, cheers! :)

Check a few pages back mate - I added a link to the Craven Arms. Same brewery as the Wellington and the Lych Gate so it's a must.

By the way - I have a bone to pick with you. Untappd has shown you up a bit - you rated John Smiths Extra Smooth HIGHER than Holdens Golden Glow before the Oldham game!! You bloody heathen!!!

I wasnt impressed with the Golden Glow then... but it did follow a pint of Bathams!

Then again I did want to change my rating after, shame it doesnt allow retrospective changes!

I still need to have me a drink in The Vine being as I work so damn close!

I wasnt impressed with the Golden Glow then... but it did follow a pint of Bathams!

Then again I did want to change my rating after, shame it doesnt allow retrospective changes!

I still need to have me a drink in The Vine being as I work so damn close!

It does allow retrospective changes. So change that bloody John Smiths to a 1*. And never drink it again. #disgusted #bannableoffence

And it's not The Vine - it's the Bull and Bladder. Get with the local lingo, man!

It does allow retrospective changes. So change that bloody John Smiths to a 1*. And never drink it again. #disgusted #bannableoffence

And it's not The Vine - it's the Bull and Bladder. Get with the local lingo, man!

Nice one, have corrected a few of my previous ratings now... Smiths is 1.5 as its harmless! I don't mind it as part of a meal deal from the Moon / any other Spoons.

And I only know it as the Vine as that's what I saw on the door when I drove past... need to find a lunch time drinking partner though ha.

My formative years were spent drinking in the B&B...

And I only know it as the Vine as that's what I saw on the door when I drove past... need to find a lunch time drinking partner though ha.

If I worked anywhere near there, I would happily volunteer. It's the greatest pub known to man. I don't even care that there's an Albion flag flying at the top of it.

It's the greatest pub known to man. I don't even care that there's an Albion flag flying at the top of it.

I'd never even noticed - something to look out for next time I am stuck in traffic waiting for the crossing lady to let a few cars past...

I'd never even noticed - something to look out for next time I am stuck in traffic waiting for the crossing lady to let a few cars past...

Go at lunchtime one day and order steak pie or faggots with gravy, chips and pays. And a pint of bitter, obvs.

In The Wellington drinking Ossett - Silver King. It's fucking beautiful. Fair play to the pub - they've kept it perfectly. It's the nicest pint of Silver King I've had in years. I remember going to Scunthorpe away (2-0 win - Edwards and SEB with their first goals for us) and had an excellent pint up there pre-match. This is right up there with it.

Hopefully they will still have that on next weekend so I can have some...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not in the Welly mate - they change barrels quicker than James changes his opinions. Most don't last more than a day as it's a busy place.

Keep an eye out for that one though Phil - Untappd is good for searching for nearby pubs that might be serving it. It's a gem.

Back