• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Finally get to try some Sadlers tonight after Langers' recommendation...not sure which of the other 1000+ beers I'm going to try though.

Good choice. Mellow Yellow, Thin Ice or Worcester Sorcerer are tremendous.

Also try:

Cannon Royall
Crouch Vale
Enville
Marble (excellent Manchester brewery - not the ginger though)
Olde Swan (the Bumblehole is AMAZING)
Purity (any of them, though Mad Goose is my favourite
Thornbridge - Jaipur IPA (go easy - it's rocket fuel)

Enjoy!

The brewery has also taken on the Rising Sun in Tipton and hoping to open this pub following a refurbishment in early March.

That's not far from me - will have to try and check it out!

Until the end of the month Wetherspoons are doing a beer festival where they will have 50 different beers appearing, some of which have been brewed specifically for the festival. They are also doing a deal where for the price of a pint you can get three different 1/3's.

Got to try the Abbot's Confessional over the weekend. 8.5% and they can only sell it by halves... It's a good choice if you find yourself near a 'spoons.

Had a wonderful beer in Bridgnorth yesterday - Citra by Ironbridge. Fabulous stuff - a bit like Dark Star in flavour.

I also went to the Craven Arms in Brum after work on Friday and it's very, very good indeed. A lot like the Lych Gate in Wolverhampton (as it would be - same brewery). If you're around the Mailbox and don't fancy paying £9 for a pint of urine surrounded by posers, go to the Craven Arms.

Got to try the Abbot's Confessional over the weekend. 8.5% and they can only sell it by halves... It's a good choice if you find yourself near a 'spoons.

I had a half of this a few months ago - it was fucking rancid. Personally, I'd avoid it in the same way I'd avoid Marlon King.

Not sure how long it has been the case, but the Rose and Crown in Wordsley is now and Enville pub. Yippee!

Means I can get a nice beverage whilst waiting for a take away at The Crystal :D

(Yes I know there's a Bathams up the road, but that's beside the point.)

Ended up in another Wetherspoons last night and I tried the Ninkasi cream ale. Very smooth and very light, certainly interesting.

Not sure how long it has been the case, but the Rose and Crown in Wordsley is now and Enville pub. Yippee!

Means I can get a nice beverage whilst waiting for a take away at The Crystal :D

(Yes I know there's a Bathams up the road, but that's beside the point.)

I'm giving this place a try this evening - I've heard it also does Entire, Bumblehole and Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby - all local ales, all absolutely tremendous. I'll report back later.

August. I wanted one of their pork pies which is as big as your head but, alas, did not. Reason to go back though The problem with the chilli beer was the chilli they used: it tasted horribly peppery and perhaps a bit chemical-y, no real warmth that you might reasonably expect and not a chilli flavour/experience that I've had before. Hugely disappointing. The beers others had were good though.

I'm giving this place a try this evening - I've heard it also does Entire, Bumblehole and Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby - all local ales, all absolutely tremendous. I'll report back later.

Cracking beers - quite a good range and they kept them well.

As for the pub - rather odd. There was a guitarist playing the generic pub music (he had a pretty awesome voice actually) but before he started the music they played was FAR too loud and you couldn't get away from it.

But I'd go in again - I had a pint of Bumblehole and a pint of Enville and they were really nice.

Thanks for the heads up, Jolemai.

Currently having a pint of Hoppit in The Greyhound in Maidenhead.

Back