• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I like Brewdog in Nottingham so keen on that - might try and force people there for a few before the meal!

I'll see if I can make my way to the other two. First time I've been out with them though so I'm unsure of their ale drinking potential.

I like Brewdog in Nottingham so keen on that - might try and force people there for a few before the meal!

I'll see if I can make my way to the other two. First time I've been out with them though so I'm unsure of their ale drinking potential.

The PO Vaults is a quirky sort of place so you might have some joy there - it's not an old mans pub at all.

The Wellington is easily the best in terms of ale quality (and quantity!) - you can even take a takeaway in and they'll supply the plates/cutlery!

You need a bank loan to go on a session at Brewdog.

Last night I had the following:

Old Leg Over
Mole Catcher
Brains SA Gold

The first one was the best. Dark beer with a bitter taste but surprisingly light. The Mole Catcher was OK at first but it's a beer that grows on you. As for the SA Gold, I wasn't in the mood for it.

Also had a bottle of Old Peculiar on the weekend which was rather enjoyable.

The Fullers pub is decent too. The Joint Stock or something? Also the Old Contemporaries, I think it's called.

The Fullers pub is decent too. The Joint Stock or something? Also the Old Contemporaries, I think it's called.

The Joint Stock is okay but it's right behind The Wellington so I wouldn't bother. Personally I think it's a bit overrated.

The Old Contemptibles is the one you're thinking of - good place, nice food.

The Joint Stock is a lovely big old building, whereas the Wellington can be a bit dingy and stinky. It's good to start the night in the Joint Stock (keep the missus heppy) then head over to the Wellington when it's business time!

The Joint Stock is a lovely big old building, whereas the Wellington can be a bit dingy and stinky. It's good to start the night in the Joint Stock (keep the missus heppy) then head over to the Wellington when it's business time!

The Wellington is fine since the refurb. Admittedly it was occasionally a bit rank beforehand.

And you should judge a pub by the beer, not the building.

The Old Contemptibles was my local when I was at Aston Uni. Along with The Turk, The Pot o Beer, Sack of Potatoes. ............

The Old Contemptibles was my local when I was at Aston Uni. Along with The Turk, The Pot o Beer, Sack of Potatoes. ............

Dunno the Old Con.. or the Turk.
I used to go in the Sack, the Pot, Ben Johnson and General Wolfe in my time there. Happy days.
I know the General Wolfe went years ago.

Bloody hell. I'd forgotten about the Ben Johnson and the Wolfe. So many years ago. I've just realised that it's 40 years ago since my fresher year there!

On the Weihenstephaner tonight. Bringing back some wonderful memories of Munich. It's on offer at Sainsbury's at the moment.

On the Weihenstephaner tonight. Bringing back some wonderful memories of Munich. It's on offer at Sainsbury's at the moment.

Is that the one with a monk drinking from a tankard on the bottle?

Finally get to try some Sadlers tonight after Langers' recommendation...not sure which of the other 1000+ beers I'm going to try though.

It's not exactly an obscure one, but this is a damn fine pint....

461 PURE UBU 4.5% SIBA
- Well balanced, malty, fruity and fresh in flavour

Back