• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Bibble is decent enough. I'm currently having this baby from Wild Beer.
3b6196c8b74a7128a6528042e4a67e22.jpg

Cask Bibble is absolutely delicious. A completely different beverage to keg/can.

Bibble is class.

Went round me dad's earlier after watching the match on a Punk session (I know I know, but it's pretty decent for a local boozer compared to the other shit on offer) and he gave me a Wychwood Porter (which was disgusting) and a Dog of Two Head (which was better than the Wychwood but not something I'd ever want again).

Jarvis Cocker enjoying a can of Pulp down at Verdant :icon_lol:

349544602e5df78af4b86dd186c0c230.jpg

I wonder how he has his orange juice? Pulp or no pulp?

Picked up a few bottle from the aldi beer promotion today, one, Dark Star Hophead, is very decent.

Another regular on the shelves at Aldi recently is a Black Sheep Velo, A fruity pale ale which IMO shades the Hophead (that I've also been buying) as a better drink.

Another regular on the shelves at Aldi recently is a Black Sheep Velo, A fruity pale ale which IMO shades the Hophead (that I've also been buying) as a better drink.
I've been buying lots of the Holden's one they are doing. Very nice beer. Got a black sheep to try later with the football too.

It's not bad but it's a bit of an odd one for me. It's like a Wit beer in that is has orange peel and corriander but doesn't have any wheat or belgian yeast, so it's a bit halfway house on the flavour profile and feels incomplete and unbalanced. It's got that nasty earthy Black Sheep twiggy ale yeast flavour, which I don't really like anyway, but it clashes with the American hops,and Belgian Wit adjuncts. Easy to drink though and a decent fruity flavour.

I've been buying lots of the Holden's one they are doing. Very nice beer. Got a black sheep to try later with the football too.

Get it while you can - the Holdens bottling plant has gone into shutdown due to the CO2 crisis...

New micropub opening just down the road from me. https://www.expressandstar.com/news...old-wolverhampton-bank-will-create-five-jobs/

I had the idea of turning into a craft beer bar as soon as I noticed it had closed as a bank. It used to be HSBC, so I was going to reverse the initials and call it:

Craft Beer Served Here

Didn't think it would ever get off the ground though as there's fuck all parking there and it's already a nightmare with the amount of on road parking.

Look forward to it opening though. End of July.

First HB order for three months. I've been good at just buying deals to save some cash but 72 cans of Nebula is starting to get really boring.

Northern Monk - Moobin’ On Up Triple IPA 10.0%
Buxton - Axe ^X NE IPA 6.5%
Northern Monk - Patrons Project 14.01 DDH IPA 5.7%
Buxton - Sonrisa Orange & Lemon Pale 4.7%
Cloudwater - DIPA Citra Cryo 8.5%
Cloudwater - DDH Pale Chinook Citra 5.5%
Cloudwater - DDH IPA Citra 6.5%
White Hag - The Puca Berries, Hibiscus & Ginger Sour 3.5%
Verdant - Pulp DIPA 8%
Ridgeside - Tilting At Windmills DIPA 8.0%
Kernel - IPA El Dorado Cascade 6.3%
Kernel - IPA Centennial Endeavour Zeus 6.8%
Wild Beer Co - Tom Yum Gose 4.0%
Wild Beer Co x Magic Rock - Ghost Zapper Barrel Aged Wild Beer 5.4%
Wild Beer Co - Millionaire - Milk Stout 4.7%
Pressure Drop - Bad for Business Citra DIPA 8.5%
CR/AK - Guerrilla IPA 5.8%
Mobberley - Beast Mode DIPA 8%
Siren - Breakfast Shake Imperial Coffee and Cocoa Stout 9.5%

I've had quite a few of those Boozad. The 2 from NMBCo are stand outs.

Looking forward to those, I saw you put up a post of the Moobin’ and I just had to get one.

I've ordered 6 x cans of Axe X from Buxton Brewery which should be arriving today. Love the stuff.

Also went to a food & drink festival in my local village (Abingdon) last weekend and the local brewery Loose Cannon had a stall there. They were selling their session IPA in cans, so I got a six pack of them and have been polishing them off this week while watching the World Cup. Usually Loose Cannon stuff is a tad on the bland side, but this is very nice http://www.lcbeers.co.uk/beers/session-ipa-2/

I've ordered 6 x cans of Axe X from Buxton Brewery which should be arriving today. Love the stuff.

Also went to a food & drink festival in my local village (Abingdon) last weekend and the local brewery Loose Cannon had a stall there. They were selling their session IPA in cans, so I got a six pack of them and have been polishing them off this week while watching the World Cup. Usually Loose Cannon stuff is a tad on the bland side, but this is very nice http://www.lcbeers.co.uk/beers/session-ipa-2/
Had a loose cannon IPA yesterday, not sure which one but was really good. Hadn't heard of them before.

After a week of drinking shitty San Miguel (it was fucking roasting over there so at least it was cold...) I'm basking in the Stourbridge sunshine enjoying a pint of Bathams.

It's fucking lovely.

Had a loose cannon IPA yesterday, not sure which one but was really good. Hadn't heard of them before.

Very tiny little brewery in a tiny little town. They literally just have one small unit on an industrial estate. Where did you come across their stuff?

Very tiny little brewery in a tiny little town. They literally just have one small unit on an industrial estate. Where did you come across their stuff?

It was in the Euston Tap - I usually try one I've never heard of and that was the one yesterday.

Back