• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Although Boho promotes itself as a Cocktail Bar and has probably the best craft beer range in Wolves!

Beautifully themed and decorated throughout with genuine French antiquities, while offering a selection of continental beers & ales

Might have a quick look then. Still don’t think that building’s shape lends itself to a drinking hole.

At the Camden Brewery ready for the tour...IHL on tap. I might never leave
Do this tour people. No idea what was said,something about the history etc, 0 but they give you a crap load of drinks. I want to live here

I can't imagine Camden have that interesting a history tbh.

I can't imagine Camden have that interesting a history tbh.
Australian guy...got pissed and missed his flight home. Couldn't afford to get another...stayed here and worked in bars and eventually purchased a pub. Bastard immigrant.....

Might have a quick look then. Still don’t think that building’s shape lends itself to a drinking hole.

Doesn't really, though they do have a decent sized upstairs - just don't always open that (or reserve it off for prebooked parties)

Doesn't really, though they do have a decent sized upstairs - just don't always open that (or reserve it off for prebooked parties)

I never went upstairs even though I always intended to see what cans they had when the beer board was shit. Downstairs is horrendous, any more than ten people in there and it starts to become uncomfortable. We went in on our Xmas do (probably around 12 of us or so at that point) and it was rammed, you basically had to stand where you managed to squeeze in the door. I bought a round and the beers had to be passed between several people until they got where they needed to go, and as I was stuck at the bar on my own I didn't even end up talking to anyone. We didn't stay long.

I never went upstairs even though I always intended to see what cans they had when the beer board was shit. Downstairs is horrendous, any more than ten people in there and it starts to become uncomfortable. We went in on our Xmas do (probably around 12 of us or so at that point) and it was rammed, you basically had to stand where you managed to squeeze in the door. I bought a round and the beers had to be passed between several people until they got where they needed to go, and as I was stuck at the bar on my own I didn't even end up talking to anyone. We didn't stay long.

Darlo + Mrs & I spent the last bit of New Year 2016 up there

Was a comfortable place with decent beer available & not violently noisy

Upstairs was much better but unless you'd taken a photo of the beer list, there was no way of knowing what was on tap.

Sipping a Pink Grapfruit Sour (2.7%) from the Moncada Brewery.

Very grapefruity and light, very refreshing.

Upstairs was much better but unless you'd taken a photo of the beer list, there was no way of knowing what was on tap.
I only ever visited once and this was my gripe with the place.

There's a similar issue at Boho. The fridges are really well stocked with some awesome beers, but unless you know what you're looking for, and you're prepared to stand at the bar in order to squint to look, there's no way of knowing what's on offer. And at 3 for £9, you're gonna want to know what's on offer!

Sipping a Pink Grapfruit Sour (2.7%) from the Moncada Brewery.

Very grapefruity and light, very refreshing.

2.7%? What’s the point?!

Had an Axe X from Buxton Brewery yesterday - outstanding.

Wasn't missing out on the Human series...

Cloudwater - DIPA Citra Cryo Amarillo 8.5%
Left Handed Giant x Unity - Distinct Phases Sour Red Ale 3.5%
Cloudwater - DDH Pale Simcoe Centennial 5.5%
Magic Rock - Neo-Human Cannonball Double NEIPA 9.2%
Magic Rock - Human Cannonball DIPA 9.2%
Left Handed Giant x Magic Rock x Deya - Compulsory Fun IPA 6.5%
Dry & Bitter - Mangalore Mango Sour 5.5%
Dry & Bitter - Dank & Juicy IPA 6.2%
Wylam x Track x North Brewing x Dry & Bitter - In Every Dream Home A Heartache DDH Sour Mash IPA 6.0%
Wylam x Track - Open (2) Persuasion DIPA 8.3%
Buxton - King Slayer DIPA 8%

2.7%? What’s the point?!

Had an Axe X from Buxton Brewery yesterday - outstanding.
There are some brilliant low ABV beers out there with great hop profiles that taste supetb. If you're only after a high ABV in a 'beer' there's Special Brew.

Back