• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I only clocked that they serve Arbor in there about a month ago, didn't spot it when ordering though!

The Crown is good fun. Strange old place.

I recommend the Christmas Steps nearby. Cracking little pub and a wonderful building that's 30 seconds from work so far too dangerous.

Possibly due to a former NMBC brewer joining them last year?
I only just realised that Colin Stronge had joined NMBCo from Buxton the other week! How long has hr been there?

I only just realised that Colin Stronge had joined NMBCo from Buxton the other week! How long has hr been there?
End of summer/beginning autumn IIRC as Production Manager. His first input was the Trilogy Malt brew.

Possibly due to a former NMBC brewer joining them last year?

I didn't know that, it does explain the big shift in styles though. They really didn't do anything for me up until recently (that opinion really wasn't swayed by Club of Slaughters either) but now they're one of my go to breweries when I end up on HB.

I didn't know that, it does explain the big shift in styles though. They really didn't do anything for me up until recently (that opinion really wasn't swayed by Club of Slaughters either) but now they're one of my go to breweries when I end up on HB.
I was a fan before Dave Kerr moved to Wylam. Hickey the Rake and Jakehead being excellent on cask.

To avoid a forum meltdown :angel: I'm now drinking a pint of Oz bomb at a much more restrained 4.7%

Meltdown?

Meltdown was probably a little excessive, but my previous post about my 8.4% pint on Monday did seem to set a "debate" as to what was an acceptable quantity it should be served in.

Suffice to say tonight I'm not shambling down the street shouting abuse at passers by, as a result of having one pint of an above average abv drink. I'd be much more concerned with the cockneys here shoving copious amounts of lager down their throats instead.

Meltdown was probably a little excessive, but my previous post about my 8.4% pint on Monday did seem to set a "debate" as to what was an acceptable quantity it should be served in.

Suffice to say tonight I'm not shambling down the street shouting abuse at passers by, as a result of having one pint of an above average abv drink. I'd be much more concerned with the cockneys here shoving copious amounts of lager down their throats instead.
I wasn't questioning your personal ABV tolerance. My remark was based on my own experience where most bars that I have drunk in limit the volume of higher ABV drinks eg Heathen at The Refectory would be served in either thirds or halves. I've experienced non-cockneys having difficulties coping with weak macro lagers as well [emoji6]

Sipping on North Coast's Old Rasputin at the mo. Not sure if it's available in the UK.

Brilliant, if traditional, Russian imperial stout. Only $10 (~£7) for a 4 pack, as well. Brilliant beer and value, especially at 9% ABV.

My comments about serving measures were purely from a pricing point of view.

Sipping on North Coast's Old Rasputin at the mo. Not sure if it's available in the UK.

Brilliant, if traditional, Russian imperial stout. Only $10 (~£7) for a 4 pack, as well. Brilliant beer and value, especially at 9% ABV.

Can't recall ever seeing any North Coast over here, tbh. That sounds like ridiculously good value! Do you guys have progressive beer duty based on abv over there?

Back