• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I’d happily pay £6.70 for a pint of Weird Beard DIPA, top class stuff.

Great Heck - Styrian Dragon. Decidedly average.

That's pretty much the standard price if you can find a bar selling it in Brugge. Never seen it in the supermarket's there but most speciality beer shops there sell it. It's very similar to the Rochefort beer anyway as they outsourced some production of it to them in the past.

As for the beer price debate I caused last night, I wouldn't pay that back in Wolverhampton. As I'm in Bristol this week I thought I'd give it a go. One thing I do like here is that I can order a pint of something 8.4% but I could also have had 1/3 or 2/3 too. I think I'm responsible enough to decide what volume of alcohol and quantity I can handle, I will say however that I did sleep rather soundly last night for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting you couldn't handle a pint of 8.4% DIPA! My point was that it's a bit obfuscating to judge the price of that type of beer by extrapolating the price from the appropriate serving volume, up to a pint.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting you couldn't handle a pint of 8.4% DIPA! My point was that it's a bit obfuscating to judge the price of that type of beer by extrapolating the price from the appropriate serving volume, up to a pint.
Eh?

£7.20 isn't expensive for a pint of 8.4% DIPA because, IMO, it's a drink more suited to servings of 1/2 which is a far more palatable £3.60, which in turn, is a price that I guess most people would be happy to pay for a pint of 4.2% beer.

£7.20 isn't expensive for a pint of 8.4% DIPA because, IMO, it's a drink more suited to servings of 1/2 which is a far more palatable £3.60, which in turn, is a price that I guess most people would be happy to pay for a pint of 4.2% beer.
Thanks for the plain English reply [emoji6]

Latest HB order. Really should got back to Brewdog at some point, I haven't ordered off them for ages.

Cloudwater - DIPA Enigma 8.5%
Beavertown - Double Chin DIPA 8.7%
Wylam - Futureshock DDH Black IPA 6%
Wylam - Us & Them DIPA 8.2%
The Garden Brewery - Milkshake IPA 6.7% (Hooked on this stuff lately, can't recommend it highly enough)
Siren - Suspended in Space NEIPA 6.5%
Verdant - Hüddle Pale Ale 4.0%
Marble - Damage Plan IPA 7.1%
Edge - Juggernaut DIPA 9.2%
Verdant - Track & Field IPA 7.2%
Yellowbelly - Hopped In Space NE IPA 5.9%
White Hag - Atlantean NE IPA 5.4%
Wiper and True - IPA Simcoe 6.9%
Wild Beer Co - POGO - APA 4%
North End Brewing - La Mure Blackberry Sour 5.0%

Keen to know how the DDH Black IPA is.

I’m looking forward to that one, it looks interesting. Considering I used to steer clear of Wylam I’m all over their stuff lately.

I’m looking forward to that one, it looks interesting. Considering I used to steer clear of Wylam I’m all over their stuff lately.
Their can releases have been mega.

I'm on a much more reasonably priced drink this evening. Tucher helles hefe weizen in the commercial rooms Bristol.

They sell Arbor in there. Get on it.

I did look at the 2 Arbor offerings, one was a stout (not a fan these days) the other was Oz bomb. Had a disappointing evening beer wise including a rather flat pint of Peroni. Of which I've never had a bad pint in my life.

Oz Bomb is tremendous. Get back in there tomorrow!

Where did you have the peroni?

Oz Bomb is tremendous. Get back in there tomorrow!

Where did you have the peroni?

Peroni was in the Crown, they seemed to be having a problem with the c02 as everything they were serving looked flat. We were in there last night and it was fine so something going on.

I vaguely recall having Oz bomb in the commercial rooms before as I think it's one of their staples.

Back