• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

If you're near New Street 'The Wellington' is a great pub, fantastic selection of beers.

Post Office Vaults, Tilt, Brewdog, Cherry Reds.

If you're near New Street 'The Wellington' is a great pub, fantastic selection of beers.
Thanks for the ideas. Been in The Wellington a few times. Last time (when we played Blues away) there were too many Albion fans in there for my liking as they were home as well. Might be the case again tomorrow.

Tilt or Brewdog would be the best bets. That's where I'd end up anyway.

Bit out of touch where to drink in Birmingham. Will have a couple of hours before the game tomorrow. What are people's recommendations?
Out of interest, where did you drink pre-match at leeds?

Been in there before a few seasons ago. We were running late so went in Peacock as knew a couple of Leeds fans
A much improved boozer since Osset Brewery acquired it.

We stopped in the Queen’s hotel, so first pub we came to. Seemed decent enough.

We went for something to eat around the corner, but it sure what it was called.
A pity. If I had known I could have given you some recommendations. Not sure what the Scarborough is like these days, but it was a former pre-match meeting point for leeds fans.

It seemed fine when we were in there. The lad who met us there said the same about it being a Leeds stronghold, but assume we were in there before they’d arrived.

The pub we ate in had a little room on the left as you walked in and a sort of little counter serving beer straight in front and toilets in front of that. Quite an old traditional pub. Might have been the Adelphi?

The Adelphi is a little more than 'around the corner' tbf. It used to be Tetley's signature pub as it was right outside the brewery. It's quite an interesting pub with lots of original features and an impressive facade.

I haven't been in there for a couple of years, when the barstaff were more interested in social media than serving.

Well the world has officially gone mad, or I have.
As I've just paid £14.40 for two pints of Cardinal Wolf which is a dipa by Tiny rebel and weird beard.

Now drinking a Saison d'avon by lost and grounded
Not as expensive as the dipa but probably a better drink.

Well the world has officially gone mad, or I have.
As I've just paid £14.40 for two pints of Cardinal Wolf which is a dipa by Tiny rebel and weird beard.

At 8.4% it's probably not really intended to be drunk by the pint.

Back