• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Slater's shutting in Wolvo?!
Indeed they are

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has supported us over the last 2 years in Wolverhampton... unfortunately events outside of or control have lead us, to have to close the bar. We've been lucky to have a fabulous team and amazing customers. We wish you all the best and hope to see the mighty Wolves smash the Premiership!!! We've loved our time In Wolverhampton and we are gutted that we have had to close the bar. Take care and thank you again Fay and Vicki X"

Not a surprise really, their craft selections have disappeared of late. With very little choice on offer apart from their own beers.

Not a surprise really, their craft selections have disappeared of late. With very little choice on offer apart from their own beers.

Surprised at that as they always looked fairly busy when I have been up (though appreciate that that has only been at weekends)

Not surprised really, although that statement seems like they were pushed as opposed to jumped??

They never really knew how to define themselves. Brewery tap, craft beer bar, acoustic venue, DJ venue, real ale bar, modern dining etc. Ultimately they didn't really nail any of those things with any real dedication or nous so just became a confused collection of 'not quites'.

Shame. Wonder what will happen to the unit now.

This week's HB order, had to overlook Brewdog's Paradox Grain launch although I might still pick a bottle or two up. I was pissed off I missed the Paradox Friends box as it had I Wanna Be Your Dog in there, sold out way too quick.

Verdant - Roy, I Want a Hilux Pale Ale 5.5%
Left Handed Giant x Northern Monk - Noise Pollution Sour IPA 6.5%
Cloudwater - DIPA Enigma 8.5%
Cloudwater - DIPA Citra Enigma 8.5%
Beavertown x Cloudwater - Do Not Open Until 1985 DIPA 9.0%
Wylam - Us & Them DIPA 8.2%
The Garden Brewery - Milkshake IPA 6.7%
Northern Monk - Heathen - IPA 7.2%
Guineu - Jack The Ripa IPA 6.5%
Boundary x Brick x Bullfinch - Screwball Ice Cream Pale 6.1%
Time and Tide - Juno Red Wine BA Saison with Blackcurrants 5.3%
Anderson Valley - Blood Orange Gose 4.2%
Buxton - Axe Edge IPA 6.8%

This week's HB order, had to overlook Brewdog's Paradox Grain launch although I might still pick a bottle or two up. I was pissed off I missed the Paradox Friends box as it had I Wanna Be Your Dog in there, sold out way too quick.

Verdant - Roy, I Want a Hilux Pale Ale 5.5%
Left Handed Giant x Northern Monk - Noise Pollution Sour IPA 6.5%
Cloudwater - DIPA Enigma 8.5%
Cloudwater - DIPA Citra Enigma 8.5%
Beavertown x Cloudwater - Do Not Open Until 1985 DIPA 9.0%
Wylam - Us & Them DIPA 8.2%
The Garden Brewery - Milkshake IPA 6.7%
Guineu - Jack The Ripa IPA 6.5%
Boundary x Brick x Bullfinch - Screwball Ice Cream Pale 6.1%
Time and Tide - Juno Red Wine BA Saison with Blackcurrants 5.3%
Anderson Valley - Blood Orange Gose 4.2%
Buxton - Axe Edge IPA 6.8%

That Anderson Valley gose is fucking killer.

I’m looking forward to that one to be fair, that and the Juno Red Wine BA Saison.

It's the only one on the list that I've had (bit surprised they're distributed in the UK tbh), so figured it was worth sharing my fandom! A little less salty than your average gose which was just fine with me.

They had Ee Tah as well but I had to go for an Axe Edge over that.

It was rubbish. Never felt like a bar, it was never clear exactly who they were trying to cater to.

It was rubbish. Never felt like a bar, it was never clear exactly who they were trying to cater to.

Exactly. The cask stuff was about the best thing regards choice and price point, but they had Lych Gate right next to compete with on that front. The craft/keg offering was too expensive to tempt the real ale/camra and occasional drinker types, but not exciting or current enough to satisfy the beer geeks. There are, of course, exceptions to this - they had some decent Cloudwater, Kernel and Buxton stuff on very occasionally, but nowhere near often enough. But they NEVER had the latest hype-train beers. More often than not it was £4.50 for 2/3rds of some mid strength, slightly hoppy pale ale and aint no-one getting their knickers in a twist over that. The can selection in Boho is waaay better than Slaters ever had to offer.

They probably sold as much Processco on keg than they did beer :icon_lol:

Think the cans are ok in the London too? I'm not the person to ask obviously.

Had a couple of vouchers to use in there somewhere.

Never gonna use 'em. Never gonna use 'em.

Yeah, not too shabby at all, just the Boho is a notch above, imo.

The London was limited to Gunnamatta and Digital IPA on Saturday, not bad beers by any stretch of the imagination but they’ve normally got a bit more variety. Boho’s selection is usually pretty good though I’d have to agree.

Topped the beer credits up for the extra 10% and used HB's EASTER code for another 10% off. Basically bagged a fucking Double Heathen and a Futureshock for free. Takes the sting out of any 2-2 draw.

Wylam - What The Water Wanted DDH IPA 6.0%
Wylam - Midnight Train to Byker DIPA 10.0%
Magic Rock - Mind Control DIPA 8.0%
Brew by Numbers - 55|07 DIPA Grape 9.0%
Brew by Numbers - 05|29 IPA Mosaic & Huell Melon 6.2%
Mondo - Ghost Dance DIPA 8.0%
Wylam - Futureshock DDH Black IPA 6% (Easily the best BIPA I've tried since Uto, probably even beats that which is some fucking going)
Nomad - Freshie Orange & Caramel Gose 4.8%
Northern Monk - Double Heathen DIPA 10%
Time and Tide - Juno Blackberry Bretted BA Saison 5.7%
Cloudwater - IPL Vic Secret Ekuanot 6.0%
Track - Bonsai Tamer NE IPA 6.8%
Evil Twin - Nasty Trunks Sour IPA 5.5%

Back