• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Craft breweries have been canning in 330ml for ages. There's been a more recent shift into 440ml, but 330ml has been the standard for ages.
This is just the big boys trying to turn the screw on the more successful micro breweries to keep them in check. They tried the same thing with Beavertown Gamma Ray a few years ago, but failed.

They may have, but I would guarantee that coca cola, pepsico, dr pepper, sprite, 7-up, etc etc have been using 330ml for a damn sight longer. That is the issue I guess. I see a pretty fucking easy solution - just make sure that the can looks suitably adult really. And then you would hope the retailers put it clearly in the alcohol section.

Pretty sure 330ml or thereabouts cans were around in the 80s. You see them pop up on old episodes of Fools and Horses and the like. Granted, a lot of it would have been crap like this:

03a1a6030a23456a470a2a7ef00ce137--light-beer-beer-cans.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Yep - Heineken were using 330ml in 1986 for definite (look at the group shot on the back of Reign In Blood from that year and there are cans of it there)

440ml has been standard though for a long time.

All I am saying is that this provides a minor issue for the craft brewers, and it is minor. Just make sure the product cannot be construed as appealing to minors in the packaging. I am sure tiny rebel will sort it very easily, and who knows, the "naughty" can design might have collector value.

I remember a similar kind of thing when Hooch was around in the mid-to-late 90s.

I also remember a night out in Manc - Langers, Mutz Nutz :icon_lol: - when Lemon Hooch was 50p a bottle and like any 19 year old student, you get your money's worth. I've rarely felt as rancid the morning after as that one.

Had to buy a few beers (top six of the list) for a Christmas present so thought I'd piggy back with the very last Christmas top-up. Plus the Cloudwater Imp stouts turned up today. Just looking at them warmed me up.

Orbit - Peel Belgian Pale 4.3%
Kaapse Brouwers - Maria NE Session IPA 4.7%
Harvey's - Gold Bier 4%
Pressure Drop - Cheeky Session IPA 3.8%
Brew by Numbers - 11|03 Session IPA Mosaic 4.2%
De Natte Gijt - 7e GijtۈSession Rye IPA 3.5%

Northern Monk - Patrons Project 9.02 West Coast DIPA 8.2%
Northern Monk - Dark City Milk Stout 7.4%
Frontaal - Juice Punch V3 New England IPA 5.8%
Frontaal - Simcoe's 1st Anniversary Imperial IPA 8.5%
Frontaal - Billiard Imperial Coffee Stout 10.1%
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8%
Buxton v Omnipollo - Texas Pecan - Porter 10%
Northern Monk x Lonely Planet x Fieldwork - Travel Notes IPA 6.5%

Yep - Heineken were using 330ml in 1986 for definite (look at the group shot on the back of Reign In Blood from that year and there are cans of it there)

440ml has been standard though for a long time.

All I am saying is that this provides a minor issue for the craft brewers, and it is minor. Just make sure the product cannot be construed as appealing to minors in the packaging. I am sure tiny rebel will sort it very easily, and who knows, the "naughty" can design might have collector value.
Ind Coope's Long Life (which was available in cans during the 60s) was available in 330ml. It did taste like metallic piss tbf.

There again it would only be available from outsales or off-licences. Long before nowadays where booze can be bought at corner shops, mini-marts, etc.

Anyway - not wanting to mix good and bad in a single post (this isn't a match verdict thread!) I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to Ghetto Golf in Digbeth. Absolutely SUPERB fun.

Crazy Golf with overly-vibrant decorations and themed holes, some of which are quite amusing (there's even one which is gimp themed which I'm sure Jinky would enjoy), and a fantastic bar with a decent selection of craft ales (and cocktails should you be that way inclined, or if you want to invite someone who isn't into their beer). As an added bonus, bar staff are found throughout the 18-hole course who will take your order and bring you your drinks whilst you play. Immense fun! I had Cwtch and Clwb Tropicana from Tiny Rebel but there were several others on offer - I didn't see them all but I did spot Pogo in amongst them.

and before/after your game, there's also the excellent Clink about 50 yards from the entrance, also in the Custard Factory.

I shall be going again. Best work Christmas Do in years!

It is ridiculous. What's most concerning is who is on the PG panel. Hardly an independent lineup.

Anyway - not wanting to mix good and bad in a single post (this isn't a match verdict thread!) I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to Ghetto Golf in Digbeth. Absolutely SUPERB fun.

Crazy Golf with overly-vibrant decorations and themed holes, some of which are quite amusing (there's even one which is gimp themed which I'm sure Jinky would enjoy), and a fantastic bar with a decent selection of craft ales (and cocktails should you be that way inclined, or if you want to invite someone who isn't into their beer). As an added bonus, bar staff are found throughout the 18-hole course who will take your order and bring you your drinks whilst you play. Immense fun! I had Cwtch and Clwb Tropicana from Tiny Rebel but there were several others on offer - I didn't see them all but I did spot Pogo in amongst them.

and before/after your game, there's also the excellent Clink about 50 yards from the entrance, also in the Custard Factory.

I shall be going again. Best work Christmas Do in years!

Sounds awesome mate!

I'll stick some photos up when I get chance.

Still yet to try Cwtch. Wasn't that impressed by Clwb Tropicana though so haven't gone out my way to order any.

What I drink most at the min is just the green/blue Vocation cans. Saving my honestbrew order + some others for Xmas :).

In Leeds for a couple of nights for some training. So I've decided to check out the Northern Monk brewery. First up is Attack of the blue falcon, a blueberry black Ipa. The blueberries don't really make it through the black ipa but nice enough anyway.

In Leeds for a couple of nights for some training. So I've decided to check out the Northern Monk brewery. First up is Attack of the blue falcon, a blueberry black Ipa. The blueberries don't really make it through the black ipa but nice enough anyway.
Nice one. Northern Monk have been phenomenal this year. Enjoy!

Still yet to try Cwtch. Wasn't that impressed by Clwb Tropicana though so haven't gone out my way to order any.

What I drink most at the min is just the green/blue Vocation cans. Saving my honestbrew order + some others for Xmas :).
Cwtch I'd a really nice drop. I've gone off Clwb Tropicana since funding out it had fruit juice in it. Silly, I know, but it felt like they were just sneaking it in the brew instead of extracting those flavours from the hops.

One of my favourite beers from 'Dark City'. Try out Bundobust (good craft selection x Indian street food), Friends of Ham, Little leeds Beer Store, Wapentake, Whitelocks, Turk's Head and North Bar. Plus there's 2 Brewdog bars. Just for starters mind.

One of my favourite berrs from 'Dark City'. Try out Bundobust (good craft selection x Indian street food), Friends of Ham, Little leeds Beer Store, Wapentake, Whitelocks, Turk's Head and Morth Bar. Plus there's 2 Brewdog bars. Just for staryers mind.

Bundobust is awesome, went there when my groomsmen and I came "suit shopping". I got stung tho, we got there and it was my round!

Cwtch I'd a really nice drop. I've gone off Clwb Tropicana since funding out it had fruit juice in it. Silly, I know, but it felt like they were just sneaking it in the brew instead of extracting those flavours from the hops.

Not being rude Machin, but are you an alcoholic...? You seem to have drunk copious amounts of every beer known to mankind.

Back