• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Fuck I never thought sorry mate, I was talking to two blokes at work who wanted a bottle each so I just jumped in and ordered. Two of them were already unavailable so thought best to act quick. I can email them and ask them if they'll add one, I've had no email confirmation with an order number though as it took me straight to Paypal, there's nowhere to even log in on Cloudwater so no order history.
No bother matey. Was only jesting. Wine Seller reckons he's getting some next week.

Wouldn’t surprise me judging by the stock they’re posting on Twitter tonight. Best selection of beers I’ve ever seen anywhere.

Wouldn’t surprise me judging by the stock they’re posting on Twitter tonight. Best selection of beers I’ve ever seen anywhere.

Yeah, just had another look. Could get pretty expensive next time I pop in there!

I might pop over next week myself, that’ll be the beer stocking up finished then.

Pretty lame rebrand by Oakham Ales. Not even sure what they're going for. I think they've dropped the whole "Craftworks" range which is good thing, but the new branding is really weak. Almost childish and cartoony. Can't see how it's an improvement.

Oh, and Citra is now a "Session IPA" :icon_neutral: :hmmm: :icon_rolleyes: :confused-smiley-013 :mecry:

DP85CUUXcAACFZX.jpg

I really don't see the issue with any of the rebranding over the past couple of years. There's nothing wrong with those.

I really don't see the issue with any of the rebranding over the past couple of years. There's nothing wrong with those.

Marketing companies selling fresh fucking air to people that don't understand marketing. Fucking charlatans.

Well, apart from the fact it's worse than the previous branding.

The Marston's one was horrific. Gladly this isn't as bad as that.

But what bugs me more is rebadging Citra (an absolutely brilliant Golden Ale) as a Session IPA just to make it sound more 'craft'. It's really not that. Stop trying to be something your not and celebrate what you are!

Honest Brew have just sent me a single can of Wylam 45:33 that I didn’t order. Weird.

That was judged as nonsense though. The point is the can design was considered at risk of being appealing to under age children. I am sure it will be a minor change, especially as the judgement cleared the brewery of the charge of not labelling it clearly as alcohol, which is only correct.

The interesting point is about 330ml cans being associated with soft drinks. I sort of get that, but Heineken has been available in 330m cans for years as I remember (in their old style six packs). Ah well, the Portman Group do have to be co-operated with to an extent...but this was a little bit of overkill for me.

I bought 12 bottles. It's nice, but I can't have more than one bottle in a sitting.

Thankfully I only saddled myself with 3, 1 down so far, but I don't find it very pleasant at all, too hoppy for a stout/porter and I can't stand anything hoppy.

Thankfully I only saddled myself with 3, 1 down so far, but I don't find it very pleasant at all, too hoppy for a stout/porter and I can't stand anything hoppy.
I like the hoppy part, but like any stout I can only ever drink one or two max.

That was judged as nonsense though. The point is the can design was considered at risk of being appealing to under age children. I am sure it will be a minor change, especially as the judgement cleared the brewery of the charge of not labelling it clearly as alcohol, which is only correct.

The interesting point is about 330ml cans being associated with soft drinks. I sort of get that, but Heineken has been available in 330m cans for years as I remember (in their old style six packs). Ah well, the Portman Group do have to be co-operated with to an extent...but this was a little bit of overkill for me.
Craft breweries have been canning in 330ml for ages. There's been a more recent shift into 440ml, but 330ml has been the standard for ages.
This is just the big boys trying to turn the screw on the more successful micro breweries to keep them in check. They tried the same thing with Beavertown Gamma Ray a few years ago, but failed.

Can’t imagine many U18s spending £3 on a can of beer! And they shouldn’t be served it anyway, so don’t get how this is an issue for the manufacturer? I also can’t believe someone took time out of their day to complain about this.

Back