• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The fact they've started calling it "Amber" means they're more concerned with marketing and branding than actual contents of the glass....

I don't actually mind the Amber, so for 90p a bottle, I usually chuck a couple of bottles in the shopping basket.

I would chuck them in the sea. I would sooner use the £1.80 towards something better.

Who said that?

giphy.gif

Indeed. It is just that kind of comment that makes me wonder why certain people consider themselves to be superior to others on this thread.

I was only messing Frank, I don't think there is any need to take things seriously. Beer is beer and everyone likes what they like.

I'm not embarrassed to admit I like both Banks's and Boddingtons and don't give a fuck who doesn't like them :icon_lol:

I'm not embarrassed to admit I like both Banks's and Boddingtons and don't give a fuck who doesn't like them :icon_lol:

Quick! Chase her out of this thread! Pitchforks at the ready!

Booooooo!!

Quick! Chase her out of this thread! Pitchforks at the ready!

Booooooo!!

:icon_lol:

It takes me back to when I was married first time, we didn't have much spare money at first and so every Saturday night was treat night. Down to Fordhouses to the pub for a couple of pints of Banks's Mild and a beef and mustard sandwich. :icon_lol:

Banks's is just vaguely malty and kinda sweet. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just dull. I've no problem drinking it if there's nothing more exciting available (I always get a Banks's at half time at Molineux for example) but I could say the same about any number of cheap beers like Tennents or Guinness. It's beer. I like beer.

It's absolute fucking swill compared to even an average craft beer or a properly brewed/conditioned real ale though.

I used to drink a lot of Banks’s mild in the late 90’s and early 2000s because I used to play darts for my old man. As I was still at school and didn’t have a lot of cash, invariably I had to drink what he would buy me and as he was a cheapskate Mild it was. Wouldn’t touch the stuff with a 30ft pole these days as I prefer other things, but wouldn’t castigate someone for drinking it either. Used to give me really terrible smelling farts too.

Indeed. It is just that kind of comment that makes me wonder why certain people consider themselves to be superior to others on this thread.

I don't believe anybody thinks they're superior by drinking craft ale. Look at the state of the hipster wankers for a start.

I don't know why you have a problem with people slating your favourite type of ale, especially when you have no problem slating the price of craft beer and the brewers motives. One rule for one....

I can't believe anyone would seriously be offended or even care if others said they didn't like the drink that you were drinking :icon_lol: Surely you just say "Oh. Well that's up to you. I like it" and that's it?

That said if anyone meets me and starts seriously bigging up any of the Wolves players on the list​ then I reserve the right to put you through the fucking wall. Serious business.

Fair play. There again don't be surprised if you are challenged either.

I can't believe anyone would seriously be offended or even care if others said they didn't like the drink that you were drinking :icon_lol: Surely you just say "Oh. Well that's up to you. I like it" and that's it?

That said if anyone meets me and starts seriously bigging up any of the Wolves players on the list​ then I reserve the right to put you through the fucking wall. Serious business.

I was always a fan of Big George, just something about that little feint he used to pull where he’d let the ball run across him...

Then again I also have all of Starsailors albums.

I was always a fan of Big George, just something about that little feint he used to pull where he’d let the ball run across him...

Then again I also have all of Starsailors albums.

We're going to have a problem here.

I get an involuntary shudder every time I see Bennett do his carbon copy of the Stearman dragback. Harrowing memories.

If you did that and spilled my pint of Banks's Mild then we're at war, Sonny Jim.

Back