• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Were VW blatantly profiteering when they sold the Bugatti Veyron at £900k or whatever it was? I mean you can get plenty of perfectly adequate cars for probably <1% of that money.

Were VW blatantly profiteering when they sold the Bugatti Veyron at £900k or whatever it was? I mean you can get plenty of perfectly adequate cars for probably <1% of that money.
They made a huge loss on every one of them apparently.

Perhaps craft brewers should do the same thing...

Fair enough. If you think £9 a pint is reasonable, then that is your choice, personally I consider it a rip off, and blatant profiteering.

I'll echo Kenny's question; can you show me what makes you come to those conclusions other than the price itself?

They made a huge loss on every one of them apparently.

Perhaps craft brewers should do the same thing...
That's exactly why I chose that car as my example!

I think I read somewhere that when they factored in all the R&D costs the original production run worked out at something like £5m per car. I imagine the balance has been redressed somewhat since with all the different versions they've made since though.

I think the car example is a decent one though. Plenty of big manufacturers churning out 'standard' cars in bulk, nothing too fancy and bulk buying gains keep their prices relatively low. Then you've got others that make a more exotic product, more expensive components, smaller volume but you certainly get a more high end product for the increased price.

I'll echo Kenny's question; can you show me what makes you come to those conclusions other than the price itself?
There won't be a reply to that. Frank often cries on here about his opinion not "fitting in" but when someone tries to debate with him or tries to understand it he has no answer he will ignore it and carry on firing out his latest buzzword in reply to others.

He gets annoyed when people call him a WUM but that is exactly the behaviour of a WUM. In the last week alone I have tried to engage with him to counter or get a better view of his opinion and shock wumming horror...no reply to my questions.

Clearly on this subject he has decided the price is too high. Which is fair enough as on the face of it £9 is a lot for a pint (and one not many on here would pay and i include myself in that) but if you are ignoring other factors and have been shown explanations and still go with your catchy wind them up phrase what is the point of trying.

I bet it wasn't even served by the pint...

Fair enough. If you think £9 a pint is reasonable, then that is your choice, personally I consider it a rip off, and blatant profiteering.
Bloody hell Frank. Did you even read the link I posted or the opposing opinions that have been offered. I'm all for having this debate/conversation whenever the subject is raised, even if everyone else is such and tired of it, but please please engage in a proper dialogue.

I bet it wasn't even served by the pint...
I think it was originally worded as 'equivalent of £9 a pint' so I'd agree with you.

Then again people have whinged about irregular measures as much as high prices in the past.

As irregular as 568ml???? :icon_lol:

That's my point!!! Why are we wedded to an amount that is seemingly completely random?!

Because we invented it fucking first.

It is only random because bloody Napoleon wanted his shit system. We won fucking Waterloo so litres can get to fucking fuck.

Because we invented it fucking first.

It is only random because bloody Napoleon wanted his shit system. We won fucking Waterloo so litres can get to fucking fuck.
Riiiiight.

Riiiiight.

Yep.

Decimal was invented by the French after the revolution.

Our system has been around for centuries more. So saying that our older system is a random 568 ml is a bit silly. Really their litre is a nonsensical 1.8 pints (ish)

Not really sure what that's got to do with the original whinging about some drinks being sold by the half or third. The units are irrelevant to the volume.

Back