• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

At Cloudwater Barrel Store they have a standard price of £3. Depending on the beer you choose will determine whether you get a third, half or two-thirds. A third of Chubbles or a pint of Shepherd's Pie?

Oooh, which pub in the JQ? The Wolf? Their line-up always looks ace.

If you fancy Brewdog (I know, I know) they're featuring some beers from a relatively new Birmingham brewery called Glass House. Heard very good things about their beers.

On a side not, I'm kind of off the beers at the moment. Partly because I just don't have any in the house and partly because of the Velo ride in a couple weeks. Want to make sure I'm in good nick for that!

Got a 75 mile training ride on Sunday, after which I will be sinking one if these:

a-bloc-1484340998431-cyrq5izrxmh0-630-354.jpg

A beer designed by a cyclist, not a brewer! Meant to be refreshing and restorative. http://abloc.beer/

After the Velo, I've got this lined up:

buxton_rain-shadow-bourbon-barrel-aged.jpg

Had one on New Year's Eve last year and was one of the best beers I've ever had. Been saving this one for a special occasion and I reckon completing the Velo will be just that.

Thoughts on the local stuff?

http://www.fixedwheelbrewery.co.uk/

Take Greene King for example, utter piss. I'd much rather pay £5 for 2/3 of Cloudwater than £2 odd for a pint of their grossly mis-sold Shepherds Pie.

ChFHSOQWIAAsy8N.jpg

At Cloudwater Barrel Store they have a standard price of £3. Depending on the beer you choose will determine whether you get a third, half or two-thirds. A third of Chubbles or a pint of Shepherd's Pie?

It's one of those impossible decisions ain't it?

Früh - Kölsch. Absolutely belting lager. Easily one of my favourites.

True enough.
4 pints 4% mediocrity @ £4/pint = £16 (total 16 alcohol units £1/A.U)
3 halves flavoursome 10% DIPA @ £10/pint = £15 (total 15 A.U. £1/A.U.)
Know which I prefer

Früh - Kölsch. Absolutely belting lager. Easily one of my favourites.
Drank copious amounts of this at their Brauhaus Früh am Dom in Köln not long ago. Worth a trip over if you can get cheap flights.

Drank copious amounts of this at their Brauhaus Früh am Dom in Köln not long ago. Worth a trip over if you can get cheap flights.

Definitely on the bucket list. Planning a trip over to Hannover soon, thinking of meeting a mate of mine in Bamberg afterwards for a piss up, might be able to convince him to spend a day or two in Köln/Düsseldorf as well.

I'd do myself some damage in there at that price to be honest.

If people quote you , those that have you on ignore will see it regardless.

To keep this civil...care to answer my question from earlier. Cheers

Back