• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Brewdog Kingpin - their craft Lager offering. This is lovely and refreshing and how a lager should be. Only £4.50 for 4 in Tesco's too.

Brewdog Kingpin - their craft Lager offering. This is lovely and refreshing and how a lager should be. Only £4.50 for 4 in Tesco's too.

Small world, my daughter in law to be bought Kingpin from Tesco in Hinckley today. And she very kindly left one for me which I will try at the weekend.

I'm not a fan of Kingpin tbf. Pretty average. A sort of 'Carlsberg don't do craft, but if they did.........'

Yeah, I'm not sold on Kingpin either. It's supposed to be a classic German pils but they've massively over-hopped it. That might be a good thing in IPA's etc but Kingpin just ends up being a bit unbalanced. Nice enough but not brilliant. It's a shame because they brewed a 'Session IPL' as part of their prototype series a while back which was lovely, they should definitely have made that beer part of their core range instead of Kingpin.

I've recently had a few classic German lagers which have been absolutely amazing. A Helles from Augustiner-Bräu, a Dortmunder from Ayinger and a Kölsch from Früh. If you can get your hands on any of these don't hesitate. Awesome beers.

Had a few of them in Manchester last week, very nice IMO. Cant beat that Elvis Juice though. I walked into Sainsburys and they literally had a whole section of Brewdog 4 packs. I was in heaven.

Kingpin was a tad on the boring side for me.

Our local Sainsburys are stocking 4 packs of one of Brewdog's seasonal offerings, 'Hop Fiction' (between April & June apparently), so I got a 4 pack to try it out.

From Brewdog's website - "Our American Pale Ale bursts with tropical and citrus hoppy aromas. Bright, fresh character explodes from this seasonal brew".

I also got a bottle of Bacchus Framboise Raspberry Beer to try.

Hop Fiction is ace. My missus even loves it so we tend to pick up a four pack every time we go to Sainsburys.

Yep, Hop Fiction is excellent. My favourite of their current core beers by a distance.

Got a Hop Fiction bomber on the shelf, might go and drink it now actually.

Just ordered the Brewdog Hoptastic Case v6 , came in at £44 after EFP discount and £10 gift voucher. Fucking bargain.

6 x Born to Die 13.05.2017 cans

2 x Jack Hammer cans

2 x Elvis Juice cans

2 x Hop Fiction cans

2 x Punk IPA bottles

1 x Kinnegar Black Bucket Black IPA

1 x Pressure Drop Pale Fire

1 x Mikkeller Single Hop Citra IPA can

1 x Mikkeller Single Hop Cascade IPA can

1 x Mikkeller Single Hop Mosaic IPA can

Had a couple of cans of Hop Fiction last night. Found it very similar to Beavertown Neck Oil. Nice and light and easy to drink.

Too green.
3fbc9a91a906896a99ecab4ed44abfcc.jpg

I know Brewdog aren't everyone's cup of tea but you've got to give them their dues, they keep their shareholders engaged.

attachment.php

Yeah, I'm not sold on Kingpin either. It's supposed to be a classic German pils but they've massively over-hopped it. That might be a good thing in IPA's etc but Kingpin just ends up being a bit unbalanced. Nice enough but not brilliant. It's a shame because they brewed a 'Session IPL' as part of their prototype series a while back which was lovely, they should definitely have made that beer part of their core range instead of Kingpin.

I've recently had a few classic German lagers which have been absolutely amazing. A Helles from Augustiner-Bräu, a Dortmunder from Ayinger and a Kölsch from Früh. If you can get your hands on any of these don't hesitate. Awesome beers.

Haven't had any of those Lagers but will try to get one in a few weeks. The Kingpins in Tesco's must have toned down the hops as they weren't prominent at all.

Last night's Brewdog offering was their DIPA Mr President. This was just bad compared to the other DIPA's I've had before, too sweet, sickly and the taste of the alcohol tingled on the lips. When compared with the luscious Cloudwater stuff it isn't fit to lick the beermat the V9 was sat on.

Just enjoying a pint of Butty Bach - my dad's favourite!

After a long day work, it's going down a treat.

That Brewdog notice is incredibly tacky!!

Just been to vote so I'm now having a pint of Golden Glow to cheer myself up.

Haven't had any of those Lagers but will try to get one in a few weeks. The Kingpins in Tesco's must have toned down the hops as they weren't prominent at all.

Last night's Brewdog offering was their DIPA Mr President. This was just bad compared to the other DIPA's I've had before, too sweet, sickly and the taste of the alcohol tingled on the lips. When compared with the luscious Cloudwater stuff it isn't fit to lick the beermat the V9 was sat on.

DIPAs have moved on hugely since Mr President/Hardcore IPA was conceived. All the alcohol comes from the malts which is what makes it so sweet. I don't like it at all, tbh. Way too unbalanced.

Got a Redemption - Big Chief IPA tonight on BeerBods tonight.

450x450.jpg

Amazed that I've not had anything from them before considering they've been around since 2010. Looking forward to it :D

Back