• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Kenny, remember the Why Not (Royal Oak) in Stafford? The self propelling ashtray! Along with the Martin Johnson cut-out!

The Pendulum is one pub I've never been in. Playing darts around the Black Country took you away to some really rough pubs. Luckily you got to know a few characters through the game which gave you a safe passage to visit even when you weren't there to play a match.

I have been in the Pendulum twice. Despite it being comfortably the closest pub to my front door for the best part of a decade.

Went in there once in Euro 2004 when I worked in Pendeford and was seeing if they had the Italy game on after I finished my shift. Had a pint and never, ever returned even though I carried on working virtually next door until 2008.

Kenny, remember the Why Not (Royal Oak) in Stafford? The self propelling ashtray! Along with the Martin Johnson cut-out!

Always a classy night out in there

The oak is actually worse now than its ever been. It's a chain pub grub place now - went in a few weeks ago and it's still rough as fuck, but smells of grease now too.

Jolemai, have you come across Pipes Brewery before?

One of the best presented beers I've seen!
99e423ca7c82a18580fb87c4628eb27b.jpg

Very good. Full on wheat beer and all the banana and clovey flavours that come with that. A touch of Belgian yeasty funk and a subtle, bitter and complex hoppy finish.

Had a Chieftain IPA from Franciscan Well Brewery in Cork last night.

Very hoppy, malty & almost red in colour. Grapefruit taste coming through - very nice.

Had a Chieftain IPA from Franciscan Well Brewery in Cork last night.

Very hoppy, malty & almost red in colour. Grapefruit taste coming through - very nice.

I know one of the owners of Franciscan Well. He quit working for Diageo to set it up with 2 others. Its really taking off now.

I mentioned Franciscan Well (amongst a few others) the other week when arklo was dissing Irish beers. There are some very good craft beers coming out of Ireland.

Kinnegar - Rustbucket. Another nice Irish beer. Slightly farmhousey rye pale ale.

Cölner Hofbräu - Früh Kölsch. An absolute classic. Just gorgeous.

Still prefer Altbier though. Just.

Starting the night off with a Jack Hammer, it's easy to forget how good a beer this is.

Back