• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

My friends just come back from Las Vegas and brought me four cans of The Ringer by Bad Beat Brewing. It's very bitter and rather nice at the same time.

New pub opening in Wolves today. Opposite the Billy Wright (pub, not stand) called The Hooded Ram who are a brewery from the Isle of Man. There's an Indian street food kitchen in residence there too by the looks of it. Not sure on full beer selection, but this has just been posted on Instagram -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS29YfugHcn/

I though that was going in the old Rothwells on the corner rather than opposite the Billy Wright?

New pub opening in Wolves today. Opposite the Billy Wright (pub, not stand) called The Hooded Ram who are a brewery from the Isle of Man. There's an Indian street food kitchen in residence there too by the looks of it. Not sure on full beer selection, but this has just been posted on Instagram -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS29YfugHcn/

Have to give that a go, got to try that Mosaic. Be interesting to see what else they're going to offer.

Have to give that a go, got to try that Mosaic. Be interesting to see what else they're going to offer.
Think I got the location wrong. It's on the crossroads down from the Billy Wright.

Yeah, it's Rothwells/IndyBar.

It's a good space if you can get it right (the above two did not).

Off to Sutton on Sea soon. A quick phone call has confirmed they have Tribute and Titanic as their guest beers over the holiday weekend.

If anyone pops in today, let me know how child friendly it looks. Thinking of popping in tomorrow lunchtime.

Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black, bitter like a good porter, hoppy like everything I dislike, not my bag.

PKB is one of my favourite porters, lovely stuff.

I didn't like it. More of a black IPA but the hop flavours didn't work for me. I like certain types of black IPA and this wasn't one of them.

I didn't like it. More of a black IPA but the hop flavours didn't work for me. I like certain types of black IPA and this wasn't one of them.
Sounds about right, seemed way too hoppy for a porter.

A brilliant couple of days at Hop City 2017 thanks to NMBCo for hosting.

Stand out beers for me were
Verdant Putty 8% IPA
Cloudwater DDH Southern Passion 5.8% Pale.
Other Half DDH Double Mosaic 8.5% Imperial/Double IPA
Alefarm's Golden Orb 8% Imperial/Double IPA and Reverberate 6.8% American IPA.

Thank you Honest Brew for 10% beer credits and £5 referral bonuses. :burp:

Northern Monk v Cloudwater v YCH Hops - Hop City IPA 6.2%
Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell Blood Orange IPA 7.2%
Green Flash - Tangerine Soul Style 6.5%
Brew by Numbers - 55|04 Double IPA Citra & Ekuanot 8.5%
Brew by Numbers - 08|07 Stout Coffee & Milk 4%
Omnipollo - Onda Pale Ale 5%
Wild Beer Co - Brett Brett - DIPA 8.4%
Wiper & True - Milk Shake - Stout 5.1%
Magic Rock - Common Grounds - Coffee Porter 5.4%
Partizan - IPA 6.5%
Mad Hatter - Occultation Coffee IPA - Black IPA 6.8%