• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Excellent haul Booz. Currently on the Fallen - Local Motive. An ace session IPA.

That's over 10000 beery posts on this thread btw. TWF, take a bow.

That's over 10000 beery posts on this thread btw. TWF, take a bow.

Indeed.

Just finished a Wild Beer Brett Brett, brilliant DIPA. Very dry with very faint tropical notes, nettles and wild Brettanomyces. Loved it.

Now on a Dry & Bitter Hobo Chic, another stunning DIPA. Dank and boozy, tangerines on the nose and thick and pungent in the flavour. Perfectly backed up with a well balanced bitter finish.

Pint of Fourpure Shape Shifter - not bad, but a bit too strong for a pint.

Amazing :icon_lol:

No McGhees though, is it?

I think the worst pub I’ve visited over the years is one by the Leyton Orient which looked like it had closed down derelict in the 1960’s only to open up for matchdays.

The Huntsman in Rusholme, Manchester took some beating. Which is ironically what we'd have ended up getting if we hadn't have legged it less than 10 seconds after walking in.

The Springbok at the back of QPR is a fairly grim place.

That place above makes the Pendulum sound like the Savoy Grill.

Cundy's in Silvertown. The Hayfield in Chapeltown, leeds. The Flying Dutchman, Warstones Drive. Any pub in Ayr.

The Antigallican in Charlton is the worst I've been to on an away day. Just a big empty room with a steady supply of fosters. When I went 2 of the barmen clearly had dried blood on their faces. Honourable mentions for the Boy on the Barrel in Huddersfield (a shite pub made even more shite by its proximity to some truly brilliant pubs/breweries) and the Beehive at Bolton (a shite pub made even more shite by it's proximity to absolutely fuck all).

Nowhere beats McGhees though.

The Antigallican in Charlton is the worst I've been to on an away day. Just a big empty room with a steady supply of fosters. When I went 2 of the barmen clearly had dried blood on their faces. Honourable mentions for the Boy on the Barrel in Huddersfield (a shite pub made even more shite by its proximity to some truly brilliant pubs/breweries) and the Beehive at Bolton (a shite pub made even more shite by it's proximity to absolutely fuck all).

Nowhere beats McGhees though.
The Antigallican is truly desperate.

Others may not have been aware of this dramatic improvement in the use of the building!

Wish something similar could be done for the pendulum...

Back