• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Had some awesome beers in the sun today. Shindigger - Session IPA and Lost & Grounded - Hop Hand Fallacy the pick of the bunch.

cdd2c6bbfee7ce96a22b016621bf27fe.jpg

Does anyone know of any decent bars with decent beers in central Glasgow? I'm staying in the middle for a couple of nights this week. Normally we end up in Waxys, but another option would be good.

Does anyone know of any decent bars with decent beers in central Glasgow? I'm staying in the middle for a couple of nights this week. Normally we end up in Waxys, but another option would be good.

Blackfriars in Merchant City is your best bet for real ale. The Drygate brewery tap room at the Tennents Wellpark brewery always has a good range on. There's a Brewdog bar in Merchant City as well which is right next to an awesome pizza place called Paesano (sp?). Bier Hall has a good range but is always rammed. The State, Meat Bar and Brel bar are a few others with decent beer on but are all a bit of a damp squib in terms of atmosphere.

As it's awesome weather at the moment though I'd suggest a short walk down to the WEST brewery on Glasgow Green. About 15 mins from the centre in a straight line, cant miss it. They do awesome German style beers/food and have a pretty big beer garden.

Blackfriars in Merchant City is your best bet for real ale. The Drygate brewery tap room at the Tennents Wellpark brewery always has a good range on. There's a Brewdog bar in Merchant City as well which is right next to an awesome pizza place called Paesano (sp?). Bier Hall has a good range but is always rammed. The State, Meat Bar and Brel bar are a few others with decent beer on but are all a bit of a damp squib in terms of atmosphere.

As it's awesome weather at the moment though I'd suggest a short walk down to the WEST brewery on Glasgow Green. About 15 mins from the centre in a straight line, cant miss it. They do awesome German style beers/food and have a pretty big beer garden.

Great, thanks for that.

Is the brewdog at mercant city new? Used to go there a bit, but there was only an odd wine bar and O'Neill's.

Great, thanks for that.

Is the brewdog at mercant city new? Used to go there a bit, but there was only an odd wine bar and O'Neill's.

Fairly new, yeah. I think our very own Stan Hullis might've been involved in setting that one up when he worked for Brewdog, he'll be able to tell you exactly.

Merchant City is nauseatingly trendy but there's a few good places for beer now. Blackfriars which I mentioned earlier is right across the street from O'Neills.

Fairly new, yeah. I think our very own Stan Hullis might've been involved in setting that one up when he worked for Brewdog, he'll be able to tell you exactly.

Merchant City is nauseatingly trendy but there's a few good places for beer now. Blackfriars which I mentioned earlier is right across the street from O'Neills.

Yeah, I always felt very out of place in the wine bar there, but the pizzeria was great with the football up on the big screen. I'll be on expenses so might make the most of it :)

Going to see if I can convince everyone to go to brewdog tonight, got a customer who likes his craft ale so should be easy enough.

The BrewDog is called Dog House and it's really good actually, 20+ keg lines and an in-house bottle shop.

It has a smokehouse restaurant in there as well.

Opened about 18 months ago.

Nice selection in the local off license at the moment. Picked up the following -

Lost & Grounded - Running With Scepters - 5.2%
Marstons - Old Empire IPA - 5.7%
Harviestoun - IPA - 5.8%
Gipsy Hill - Southpaw - 4.2%
Butcombe Brewing Co - Original - 4.5%
Portobello Brewing Co - London Pilsner - 4.6%
Wild Beer Co - Cloudy Crowd - 5.2%
Beavertown - Bloody 'ell Blood Orange IPA - 7.2%
Wild Beer Co - Bibble - 4.2%

Last edited:
Cloudy Crowd is superb.

Love Running With Scepters too.

Was the Cloudy Crowd the one we had before the Bristol game?

Is Marble's Grey IPA any good?
Never had it. Is the one made with tea? If it's anything like Siren's Vermont Tea Party then it'll be just the ticket on a sunny evening like today.

Sexy little haul from the Wine Seller this evening. They're really well stocked at the moment.
8c6d6111332ab3b3e5b1c66380919674.jpg

Back