• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Fairly new, yeah. I think our very own Stan Hullis might've been involved in setting that one up when he worked for Brewdog, he'll be able to tell you exactly.

Merchant City is nauseatingly trendy but there's a few good places for beer now. Blackfriars which I mentioned earlier is right across the street from O'Neills.

The BrewDog is called Dog House and it's really good actually, 20+ keg lines and an in-house bottle shop.

It has a smokehouse restaurant in there as well.

Opened about 18 months ago.

Cheers for the recommendation both, doghouse was very good last night.

Been feeling terrible all day though - as good as the beer was, it wasn't great preperation for spending all day on an exhintion stand.

Enjoying it now. Clues in the name but it's very cloudy! Reminds me of Tasty Juice. Both are great.

I'm hoping Wild Beer release Trendy Juice again which was a collab with Lervig and of the same style, but was even better.

Yeah 33% is a bit too much for me in a beer.

Today's offerings so far:

Brewdog - Hop Fiction. Crackingly bitter. Love it

NMBCo - Neapolitan Ice Cream Pale. Decent but just a touch too sweet for me.

Cloudwater - DDH Simcoe Vic Secret. This shit is perfect, absolutely perfect. Glad I left it a couple of weeks between cans really as I'm appreciating this one even more than the first.

Mikkeller Single Hop Mosaic - Proper full bodied and really fruity. Top bollocks.

Hop Fiction is great and 4 x cans for £6 in Sainsburys at the moment.

I've got quite a stock of various ales at the moment, but was craving some Punk IPA yesterday, so got 4 x tins of that and 4 x tins of Elvis Juice. Been enjoying them in the sun today while tackling the garden!

Northern Monk's New a World and Eternal in the local Morrisons are well worth it. They've got some Stone IPA in as well which I shall be sampling later this week.

Really good choices of beer around in the supermarkets at present. Treated myself to Gunnamatta from Yeastie Boys too (not at the supermarket) as its bloody lovely.

Gunnamatta is fucking ace. Amazing tea body.

Siren - Vermont Tea Party is a beauty.

I like that one, I picked up another Earl Grey job from the wine seller yesterday. £32 on 10 beers, not cheap but some decent ones in there I hope.

I like that one, I picked up another Earl Grey job from the wine seller yesterday. £32 on 10 beers, not cheap but some decent ones in there I hope.
They're really well stocked at the moment, aren't they!

I've seen Yeastie Boys stocked in M&S.

They're stocked in Waitrose too.

Back