• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Cloudwater are in Manchester and they're outstanding.

Cheers for that Johnny, I'll definately check them out!

I'll own up to a few indiscretions of late by buying a box of bud light which is horrid compared to the American version of it and to going to my local for £1.50 pint of bombardier.

Was doing a bit of 'research' earlier looking for a decent local outlet to buy some beers up round these parts when I've moved house and stumbled on this place...

http://www.beermetropolis.com/

...I've driven right past them a number of times avoiding traffic on the A38 and never noticed the place but having had a look on their Twitter, stupid work internet blocks their proper website, they do look to have a pretty good offering, something like 10 lines available on tap too!

Was doing a bit of 'research' earlier looking for a decent local outlet to buy some beers up round these parts when I've moved house and stumbled on this place...

http://www.beermetropolis.com/

...I've driven right past them a number of times avoiding traffic on the A38 and never noticed the place but having had a look on their Twitter, stupid work internet blocks their proper website, they do look to have a pretty good offering, something like 10 lines available on tap too!

Nice one - didn't know that was there. Will have to pop in whenever I am driving passed.

Nice one - didn't know that was there. Will have to pop in whenever I am driving passed.

Unfortunately my relocation will take it off my commute but it's certainly close enough to nip by after work every now and again for a swift drink or a few bottles.

There is a shop in Cleethorpes called "The Bottle Shop". I got some Axholme Brewery special reserve. At 7.2ABV it is strong, but is very smooth. Well worth the trip.

Ever had anything from Beer Nouveau, Phil?

Back at Sutton on Sea for the first time this year and the guest beer is Tribute. They must have known I was coming.

Whereabouts?

Black Jack
Squawk
Quantum
Cloudwater
Mad Hatter
Five Oh
First Chop
Chorlton
Marble Beers

Fleetwood, Blackpool way. I had a Lytham Blonde and thought it was rather disgusting

Whereabouts?

Black Jack
Squawk
Quantum
Cloudwater
Mad Hatter
Five Oh
First Chop
Chorlton
Marble Beers

Fleetwood, Blackpool way. I had a Lytham Blonde (alle) and thought it was rather disgusting

Machin or Boozad,

Have you ever tried Axholme Special Reserve?

I liked it, it was very smooth, but rather strong.

No I haven't. Good?
Don't know, not seen any of their stuff in the wild before. Interesting brewery though - brews very traditional ales from the 19th century, ages them in wooden casks etc. Basically trying to close the gap between craft and traditional.

Machin or Boozad,

Have you ever tried Axholme Special Reserve?

I liked it, it was very smooth, but rather strong.
No, can't say i have. Not ever heard of the brewery tbh. Are they local to you?

No, can't say i have. Not ever heard of the brewery tbh. Are they local to you?

I got it from Cleethorpes. The good lady wanted to go shopping in Grimsby, so I had a wander around. There is a new place called the Bottle Shop, that is where I got it from.

Fleetwood, Blackpool way. I had a Lytham Blonde and thought it was rather disgusting
Fleetwood? 'kin hell! It's bereft of any decent pubs. There's a 'spoons so you might be lucky.

Fleetwood? 'kin hell! It's bereft of any decent pubs. There's a 'spoons so you might be lucky.

It's a rather awful spoons, I find myself going to Thornton for my £1.50 a pint Bombardier. Blackpool is rather expensive

The Pump and Truncheon on Bonny Street in Blackpool is pretty reasonable price wise and has a decent (if limited) choice. The Auctioneer on Lytham Road used to be ok for beer and price too.

Back