• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Volunteer for Friday 10 - 4 sesh
Drinking (free ticket for volunteers) Saturday 10 - 4 sesh

C7H2LjBW4AEjatN.jpg

Could be interesting??? Being hosted/run by The Wellington & Tilt.

Indeed. Never had a bad drop from them or LHG before the Murkel.

Got to say I'm enjoying it mate. I see what you mean about the aftertaste, it is a bit different, but I quite like it.

Went in a shop in Ironbridge earlier that had a very good selection of beers/spirits, picked up a few bottles...

Titanic - Cappucino Stout
Titanic - Chocolate & Vanilla Stout
Samuel Smith - Imperial Stout
Beavertown - Holy Cowbell India Stout

Should get opportunity to sample a couple of those later on.

The two Titanic ones are really nice. Wasn't a fan of Cowbell though, be good to hear what you think.

Started with the Samuel Smith, decent enough stout, no real strong coffee or chocolate flavour but plenty of bitterness and a smooth finish. I'd have it again.

Had a Northern Monk last night. Described on the board as Striding Edge but Untappd has it down as Patrons Project 5.01 (Striding Edge/Ricky Lightfoot). It was in one of those trendy hipster places, so the bar staff weren't able to enlighten me. Anyway, it was a nice citrusy drop.

Untappd has the official name. Even the board at the Refectory refers to it as 'Striding Edge'. It certainly punches well above it's weight for a 3% ABV. Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe gives it some juice.

dd2846c4a951a67d164eddd39a24bff2.jpg

The Louth Hotel in darkest Lincolnshire now have their own micro brewery, and their TL pale ale isn't too bad at all.

Not sure if it is of any use to anyone here but you can get £20 off a 3 month subscription at www.beer52.com/hello20 using the code Hello20

Came with a Hello Fresh order of mine this week but I won't be using it.

You should do a Cwtch cask vs keg blind tasting to see which you prefer..... :whistle:

You should do a Cwtch cask vs keg blind tasting to see which you prefer..... :whistle:

I reckon I'll be taking the opportunity to enjoy some of their beers I've not tried yet. Bloody good job I'm not the one driving home after that.

Looks like they have some pretty sexy guest beers on tap too.

Any recommendations for decent beers in the North West?

Back