• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Magic rock custard pie wheat beer. Does actually taste custardy!

Black Country Ales to take on Bird in Hand in Stafford.

Good news, its been going downhill for far too long. If they do it like the Shrew it should be a good pub again.

Had a night out in Birmingham on Saturday.

Started with lunch, shortly after arriving, at Buffalo on Bennetts Hill. If you're local and have never eaten there - I would encourage you to try it out. I had a beef burger with black pudding and onions - washed down with a can of Adnams Crystal Rye IPA... absolutely glorious! Bit on the steep side, but if you're a fan of burgers/hot dogs, definitely worth a visit. No beer on tap, though.

Watched the rugby in The Wellington. Had three of their draught offerings, including a "Nice Try", "Animal" & "HPA" from Wye Valley. Three solid pints. Found The "Welly" one of those pubs where if you went in with your mrs or kid, you'd spin on your heels and walk out again. Extremely dated decor - we watched the rugby upstairs where they had a non-HD small tv pinned to a wall :icon_lol: Thankfully the beer choices more than made up for it.

The evening is one big haze, but we went to a variety of places. Whoever suggested The Victoria needs to have a long hard look at themselves. The barman had a go at me when I had the audacity to suggest he'd got me the wrong beer (which he had), there was some crazy woman in there at the bar who started screaming at us - and the whole place looked like it could do with a good clean! It's the kind of place I would have gone to about 15 years ago!

Well my latest Brew box came this morning and with me having surgery on Friday I was delighted to see a can of Hospital IPA&E in the delivery :sick-gurney: :icon_lol:

Just logged into Honest Brew for the first time in ages (email update said they've got Dugges, Omnipollo, Mikeller and Moder Times in so rude not to really) and found I'd picked up two referrals and had £10.00 store credit. Fucking bonus.

Bosha. Can't wait for this lot to turn up.

Verdant - Pulp - DIPA 8%
Fourpure - Juicebox - IPA 5.9%
8 Wired - Tall Poppy - American Amber 7%
Crafty Devil - Safe as Milk - Coffee Milk Stout 4.5%
Signature Brew - IPA+E - Red IPA 6.7%
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter 6.3%
Mikkeller - Single Hop Citra - IPA 6.9%
Mikkeller - Single Hop Citra - DIPA 8.9%
Dugges - High Five IPA 7.5%
Modern Times - Blazing World American Amber 6.8%
Brew By Numbers – 05|20 IPA 6.5%
Brew by Numbers – 45|01 Belgian IPA 6%
Omnipollo - Leon 6.5%
Dugges - Orange Haze IPA 6.4%
Verdant v Left Handed Giant - Murkel IPA 7%

Fucking hell booz. Quality haul. The Mikkeller citra Dipa is the pick of the beers I've had from that lot. Absolutely savage west coast hop bomp.

I'm buzzing about those Mikkeller IPAs to be honest mate, the DIPA sounds right up my street. I haven't really drunk for ages due to a lingering chest infection so I need to get back on the hoss. I've still got four bottles of Born to Die, New England, Big Dipper, three v12 and two Birthday DIPAs to get through as well.

Got a load of Backyard Brewery IPA, Chocolate Stout and Bad Santa left from my birthday as well. Decent brewery to be fair.

Interesting Beaverton and Brewdog collaboration out tomorrow:

17240264_904708676337508_5675440541490652167_o.jpg

(12.1 %)

Had the EFP email through for it but didn't really want to spend £10.00 on a 330ml bottle of it. Sounds decent but not that decent.

Had the Murkel in Small Bar last week and hated it to the extent I had to go back to the bar and ask if it was off. Vile after taste.

Had the Murkel in Small Bar last week and hated it to the extent I had to go back to the bar and ask if it was off. Vile after taste.

Bristol or Cardiff? Also, are they worth a visit?

I'll let you know how this one is. Strange that for Verdant, their brews are usually top notch.

I'll let you know how this one is. Strange that for Verdant, their brews are usually top notch.
Indeed. Never had a bad drop from them or LHG before the Murkel.

Jolemai - Bristol and most definitely yes! Awesome places.

Last edited:
So the Hop City line up has been finalised. I can't wait.

Northern Monk Brew Co (Leeds, UK)
Alchemist (Vermont, USA)
Other Half (New York, USA)
Alefarm (Køge, Denmark)
Cloudwater (Manchester, UK)
Magic Rock Brewing (Huddersfield, UK)
The Kernel (London, UK)
Siren Craft Brew (Berkshire, UK)
Stigbergets (Gothenburg, Sweden)
Verdant (Falmouth, UK)
Wylam (Newcastle, UK)
Brew By Numbers (London, UK)
Zapato Brewery (Leeds, UK)
Refectory Brew Co (Leeds, UK)
Beavertown Brewery (London, UK)
Dry & Bitter Brewing Company (Gorlose, Denmark)
Partizan (London, UK)
Leeds Beer Week Presents (Leeds, UK)
Deya Brewery (Cheltenham, UK)
O/O Brewing (Gothenburg, Sweden)
Weird Beard (London, UK)
Marble Brewers (Manchester, UK)
Fourpure Brewing (London, UK)
Brewdog (Ellon, Scotland, UK)

Back