• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I could have done with a haul whilst watching the boxing on the Referendum thread last night.

We went to the pub after work on Friday as one of our drivers was retiring. The IPA was off so my choice was John Smiths or Doom Bar. I've never tried Doom Bar before so thought I'd see what Langers raves about. I can confirm that it is in fact completely tasteless.

We went to the pub after work on Friday as one of our drivers was retiring. The IPA was off so my choice was John Smiths or Doom Bar. I've never tried Doom Bar before so thought I'd see what Langers raves about. I can confirm that it is in fact completely tasteless.
I'd have gone for a crappy lager if that was the choice. Same lack of taste but less stodge.

You see, that's exactly what's wrong with the pub sector at the moment. Absolute shite on cask but CAMRA see it as a victory instead of championing quality over all else.

b9886bd4c4949fbce4079bbad0e5c569.jpg

New brewkit at NMBCo's new brewery.

Früh - Kölsch. Bangin. Still prefer Altbeir though.

Hangovers are so weird. Thursday night - out with my folks and had 3 Bathams. Actually felt it yesterday morning.

Last night - date night with the GF.

2 cask ales in the Welly
2 cans of craft ale in the Briar Rose (5.8% and 7.1%)
1 pint of Spanish lager in the restaurant
1 jug of sangria
1 bottle of Punk IPA on the train home
1 large bottle of Cobra back at her place

Fresh as a daisy this morning - woke up at 6.30 as well.

It's the Bathams mate. Always gives me a rotten hangover.

I wish I felt fresh as a daisy.

2 pale ales + 2 stouts on cask (Stewart - Jack Back + Orkney Dark Island), 2 double Oban 14's and weirdly 2 measures of a 17.5% Meade!

Got to bed about half 1, woke up at 6 for a 7:08 train down to Wolves this morning. Still dying.

It's the Bathams mate. Always gives me a rotten hangover.
True but that doesn't explain why yesterday's indulgences haven't come back to haunt me today!!

Still, I'll be in the pub again in 15 minutes. Cheers!

One DIPA v12 and a double helping of Born to Die last night and felt like shit this morning.

Currently drinking a pale ale (Reverie) from wiper and true in the beer emporium in Bristol. Not sure it's worth a fiver a pint.

Back