• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

012070fb84e5b5baefb28676b7123acc.jpg

Pure filth.............

Did they produce good beer or have they fallen foul of just not being competitive enough? I can't say I've tried any of their stuff and it would be interesting how much they have it up for sale for.
Beer was decent. Her American IPA was very good (won beer of the year at Wolves Camra Festival) as was her export stout, Sloe Gin Beer and imperial porter. Her American Pales and Mint Stout were pretty decent too. Nothing upto the standard of the likes of Kernel, BBNo, Buxton, Cloudwater etc, but pissed all over anything Marston's are chucking out. She liked to brew a lot of Belgian and European styles (Tripels, Belgian Pales, Quads, Gruits etc) which aren't my forte really and are a tough sell into the local Wolverhampton marketplace really. Another issue was having no regular outlet and familiar core range. Seemed to brew whatever she liked, whenever she fancied it. Her one flagship beer (Man On The Oss) was a Rye Saison, which is just always going to be too challenging for the general public - it also wasn't that great a beer.

Think I had a couple of their beers at The Platform Ale House when I made a visit last year.

Ah, ok. I was going to ask if the Platform had keg lines as I don't think Sacre Brew did cask.

Birthday DIPA is ridiculous. Keg at Small Bar! Happy days.

Although, there's absolutely no way I could drink it in one of their 440ml cans. Too much.

Keg of Birthday DIPA nailed in 68 minutes at Little leeds this arvo!!!!

It was lovely, absolutely no doubt about it, but I struggle with the big % stuff. No slight on the beer itself!

Got three cans of Birthday DIPA and four cans of v12 to get through. Also been given a box of Backyard Brewery beers for my birthday.

Just about to try NMBCo collab with Legitimate Industries. Quad @ 10.6%

ef3e88cb11fc69d6af7a139c6a725163.jpg

Back