• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've not found a Brewdog beer I can get along with, they're all far too perfumey for my tastes, even some prototype stout that my sister got me for Christmas had that same aftertaste.

I've not found a Brewdog beer I can get along with, they're all far too perfumey for my tastes, even some prototype stout that my sister got me for Christmas had that same aftertaste.
I reckon you may have liked the Santa Paws that was out at Christmas. Try and remember in about 10 months time when they release it again.

Found a really good pop up pub in Manchester last night, had a few Cloudwater El Dorados and finished off with a couple of Northern Monk Yeast - way too strong for me, but a lovely drink.

Had a brilliant beer day yesterday. Finally went to Buxton to visit Mecca.
25e9e9d1c3d810578cbd5012105d6e1b.jpg

Had the following:
Axe Edge (keg) - still one of the best west coast IPAs out there.
Rednik Stout (cask) - lovely coffee and dark chocolate flavoured stout. Surprisingly lacking in condition though considering it is the only place you can get Buxton beers on cask.
Trolltunga (keg) - gooseberry sour IPA. Like tangfastics in a glass. Awesome jaw clenchingly sour and hoppy little bastard.
Bourbon Skyline (keg) - bourbon barrel aged Berliner Weisse. Brilliant balance of sour and sweetness. Full flavoured with a good pokey kick in the tail.
Brazilian Banana Sultana Imperial Stout (keg) - fruit cake, banana loaf and chocolate combined in a lush thick impy stout. Aces.
Yellow Belly Sundae (keg) - a bourbon barrel aged version on Yellow Belly, which is a peanut & biscuit flavoured imperial stout. It's all there. Peanuts, biscuits, chocolate, bourbon booze. Magnificent.

Also picked up some take home presents for myself:
16f89d5383bc2e7c094007c54fb76cf7.jpg

It's really nice in there. Not just for the beer geeks and hipsters. Child friendly, good food, welcoming atmosphere, middle class haven really. Not sure why it's taken so long for me to get over there. Gonna have a date with the missus in there just as soon as we can get away with dumping the children with her sister!

I applaud the sentiment if not the execution. :)

Much as i applaud the sentiment of a peanut butter and biscuit beer, but doubt i'd enjoy it that much.

The packaging is ace. The contents are not my bag though.

Honest Brew order has landed:

Cloudwater - DIPA v11 9%

Cloudwater - Fazenda Ouro Verde Porter 6%

Howling Hops - Fighting Ale - Stout 11.5%

Brick - Red Brick Rye - Red IPA 5%

Boundary - Forever Ago - IPA 6%

Tempest - In The Dark We Live - Black IPA 7.2% £2.89

CRATE - Lemon Gose - Gose 4.4%

Mondo - Mango Flashback - Berliner Weisse 3.5%

Partizan - Stout 7.4%

Lost & Grounded - No Rest for Dancers - Amber Ale 6.2%

Bruges beer festival. Some absolute beauties of which none are exported which is a real shame. My highlights were a whisky soaked amber ale at 12%, an oatmeal IPA, a coconut imperial stout and a Belgian quadruple so smooth it was a very dangerous 10%.

I think this is Machin heaven although the beer tokens were relatively cheap (£1.50) for 150ml and with over 400 brews the choice was immense.

I saw somebody else on my timeline was there actually, would love to go to it myself.

Might be a good option for my stag in 2 years time...

I go to Bruges every year, it's beer festival time there all year round believe me!

Finally tried the Marshall Golden Ale. Now that was a very pleasant drink indeed.

Finally tried the Marshall Golden Ale. Now that was a very pleasant drink indeed.

This one?

marshall_370x370_image.png

I had one over Christmas and wasn't a fan. Thought it had a weird plasticy strawberry taste to it.

I asked the mrs to pick me a random beer from the fridge the other night while I was busy changing the little ones nappy. Came downstairs and she'd cracked open a Delirium Christmas ale, that I had picked up from the local off license as part of my christmas beer run... 10% in volume - not my cup of tea at all. I managed to get through about half of it but had to bin the rest off. Followed that up with a Bee17 from Backyard Brewery. Described as a "hop-struck pilsener", it didn't disappoint.

Back