• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Two things.

Firstly to anyone who knows Birmingham & it's nightlife to a reasonable standard - I'm having a birthday night out there in March. Suggestions of the best drinking establishments, please. We're staying central (6 x blokes in the Premier Inn, New Street) - and will be almost certainly be ending the night in Snobs. We're all in our mid-30's and don't get out very often these days so if we're going out, we'll bloody be making a night of it and Snobs play acceptable music. HOWEVER, I want to go to a few nice places first to sample some decent beers. Brewdog is an obvious stop, and one of my mates suggested Purity. Anywhere else, central, not heaving with wankers that you think we should be heading to?

Secondly, I nipped in to our local Tesco over the weekend and they had this in there -

110138.20160321104100.jpg

Really enjoyed it, tbf.

Tilt. Just round the corner from Purecraft. As is the Wellington.

Cherry Reds and a few places up the Jewelry Quarter end of turn.

Snobs is great fun!!

Purecraft is really good (I was there on Saturday night) as is the Post Office Vaults. Both very close to each other.

The Indian Brewery right by Snow Hill station is excellent - just opened.

The Jekyll and Hyde near the Children's Hospital is a good compromise for those who want some cocktails.

The Victoria has a very decent selection - very close to Cherry Reds.

Personally I'd avoid Tilt and Brewdog but obvs others on here really like them!

Sun on the hill is a decent last stop before Snobs, just down the road from Wellington and bridges the gap between pub/club.

Sun on the hill is a decent last stop before Snobs, just down the road from Wellington and bridges the gap between pub/club.

Good call - it's usually packed but they look after their beer well and it's a good atmosphere. It's miles better than it appears from the outside!

Ah yes, the Victoria is good. Had a fucking brilliant burger in there last time I went to Brum. Blue cheese burger. Good selection of beers too. Tiny Rebel, Beavertown and Magic Rock in the fridges. They had Cannonball on tap which was amazing.

I know Langers hates Tilt, but you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere in Brum serving better craft beer if that's what you're after (that plus loads of pinball tables). Clink perhaps, but that's a way out of town in the Custard Factory.

If you want a burger go to Original Patty Men, based in one of the arches under Moor Street station. They've got a link with Siren too so decent beer selection.

Or The Woodman. Cheap too in there.

Another good ale establishment is The Anchor in Digbeth. Tremendous place. And it's got a pool table.

Got a BeerBods winter sale box waiting at home for me when I get home tonight. It's BeerBods & BeerBodsPlus tomorrow night. It's my birthday tomorrow so we're heading up to The Buxton Tap House at the weekend!

BBBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

If you want a burger go to Original Patty Men, based in one of the arches under Moor Street station. They've got a link with Siren too so decent beer selection.

Anyone been here yet? I keep forgetting about it!

Anyone been here yet? I keep forgetting about it!

I've only been once since they had their own premises but I've had their burgers plenty of times at food fairs before that.

Considering the location they've done pretty well in making it nice inside, they've got two arches and left one open as an outdoor seating area and then there's a door through to the other arch which is enclosed and fairly sparsely thought smartly fitted out. Burgers are on point, portions of sides were generous, seemed a decent choice for drinks either alcoholic or soft (I had to settle for some 'lemony lemonade' as I was driving).

I imagine you can probably struggle for a table when in busier times as half the space is taken up by their kitchen, we went on a Saturday afternoon I think and got a table straight away, shame they're a bit out of the way or I'd probably go everytime I went into Birmingham.

Thanks for all the Birmingham suggestions, lads. Much appreciated.

87a266396812d8130bb02c10e41b19c2.jpg

Birthday beers from my work mate. Can't grumble at that. The Cloudwater can is 2 days old!

Happy birthday Machin. Have a good 'un.

You leaving the wife to look after 3 kids while you drink large quantities of beer?

Happy birthday Machin. Have a good 'un.

You leaving the wife to look after 3 kids while you drink large quantities of beer?

Nope, they get to watch - like some kind of modern day Al Bundy.

Back