• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

The Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA), which represents 850 beermakers in the UK, is hoping ale enthusiasts are prepared to dig deeper into their wallets.

“It is important that beer drinkers understand the challenges that face Britain’s independent brewers in terms of rising costs but also the fundamental truth that craft beers rely heavily on quality, often imported ingredients,” said SIBA managing director Mike Benner.

“Independent brewers use these quality ingredients purely for their flavour, which means consumers are getting very good value for money when they choose an independent craft beer.”

The fucking nerve! - http://www.brewersjournal.info/siba-the-beerflex-debate/

In the Royal London:

f8e45d08e10a05e058014979114d8d42.jpg

ef497fa81774a5ee01939b286c2c8c0f.jpg

8a2737f1cd63a626f827fd69903b2c70.jpg

43163b48b3ddc7762117334d32312cdc.jpg

cabeb5fea302966de952529e094313a7.jpg

S'alright. Anything that decreases the chances of ending up in the Moon on a matchday is fine by me.

Dunno. I don't want to go up to the bar, ask and then don't order one because I'll look like a right cheap bastard and I have a reputation to uphold.

Is that Backyard Brewhouse IPA?

Dunno. I don't want to go up to the bar, ask and then don't order one because I'll look like a right cheap bastard and I have a reputation to uphold.

Go and buy one, mate, and if I ever find the time to come back up to Wolves again, I'll reimburse you. :icon_smile:

Would be counterproductive, I'd buy it, have about three sips, leave it on the table and they'd think 'wow, this beer must be shit, that geezer just handed over half a mortgage payment for it and barely touched it. Best take it off the menu'.

No :icon_lol:

I'm fairly sure the answer to SLA's question is 'too much' anyway ;)

£4.10 in Boho round the corner, so it shouldn't be any/much more than that. The Jaipur will be cheaper, because you know, cask has to be cheaper for some reason.

I was just curious to see what the regional difference might be. £5.35 for a pint of Punk in my local.

Punk varies wildly in price here. £3.75 up to £5.35. The most expensive I've found it is in their own bloody bar!

They've got to pay for those supermarket discounts somehow!

Back