• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Wolvo just isn't going to be that place. Plenty of areas in the Midlands that do, Wolves just isn't one of them.

tumblr_lnz8ldCu5j1qi8p9g.gif

DIPA night at the Volunteer here on Wednesday, Machin...

DIPA night at the Volunteer here on Wednesday, Machin...

Home with the three kids whilst the missus spafs over Casey Affleck at the cinema for me on Wednesday :(

Beer Gonzo tap room opening TODAY in Coventry. Fucking Coventry. Look at that lineup!

C3L2IugWcAAkce0.jpg

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

The missus is spaffing over Casey Affleck for you?

I was in the Goose the other day and I overhead a couple of blokes saying "why cor we have any lemon meringue pie beer?" ;)

No actual pub is realistically going to survive selling beers solely of that kind.

Even in the places here where you can get the Omnipollo/Buxton etc brews, there will always be plenty of moderate, but excellent ABV pales/ryes/stouts etc.

Beer Gonzo in Coventry is not that far away from where I live. We must nip over one day, though I must admit I have never heard of most of the beers on that list.

No actual pub is realistically going to survive selling beers solely of that kind.

Even in the places here where you can get the Omnipollo/Buxton etc brews, there will always be plenty of moderate, but excellent ABV pales/ryes/stouts etc.

Yeah, to be fair, BeerGonzo is a bottle shop. They've just added this bar to the back of the premises.

Brewdog - 5AM Live. Nice enough but they've got Cromarty - Red Rocker on cask in a pub over the road which is just miles better.

Lone Wolf is a decent enough venue. Just a short walk from Snow Hill, decent music on (a nice mixture of inoffensive 1997-2007 era Indie stuff) and the beer I've chosen is very tasty indeed if a bit on the pricy side at £4.90 a pint! (Cala Deia by Deya - American Wheat Beer. Worth a try).

Doubt I'll be a regular visitor but a more than adequate stop for a pub/bar crawl - seems very friendly and I quite like the atmosphere.

The Royal London re-opens tomorrow. Sneak peek at the bar:

16124259_264646700634911_728015489455882240_n.jpg

Not much of a craft offering really. From what I can make out:

Brewdog - Punk IPA
Meantime - Yakima Red
Blue Moon
Sam Adams - Boston Lager

Can't make out what the stout it...

Looks like Jaipur on cask, which is cool. Hobgoblin, however, certainly isn't!

It's all a bit safe and mainstream, surprise surprise!
Meh.

Back