• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I would totally bang Peggy though.

Think I've only had the FourPure Oatmeal Stout from that list before. Bloody lovely it was too.

Would be pretty happy with that selection though.

I had a FourPure IPA in the last box, one of their collaborations with Tate Modern. Really nice.

Two things.

Firstly to anyone who knows Birmingham & it's nightlife to a reasonable standard - I'm having a birthday night out there in March. Suggestions of the best drinking establishments, please. We're staying central (6 x blokes in the Premier Inn, New Street) - and will be almost certainly be ending the night in Snobs. We're all in our mid-30's and don't get out very often these days so if we're going out, we'll bloody be making a night of it and Snobs play acceptable music. HOWEVER, I want to go to a few nice places first to sample some decent beers. Brewdog is an obvious stop, and one of my mates suggested Purity. Anywhere else, central, not heaving with wankers that you think we should be heading to?

Secondly, I nipped in to our local Tesco over the weekend and they had this in there -

110138.20160321104100.jpg

Really enjoyed it, tbf.

Start at The Red Lion in The Jewellery Quarter, mainly because they serve Bathams, the King of Beers. Then to Old Contemptibles opposite Snow Hill Station, great beer and stunning interior. The Old Joint Stock is wonderful for that too. The Purecraft Bar is great. If you are getting the train home, or if you are just in that area, I recommend The Post Office Vaults on New Street.

Start at The Red Lion in The Jewellery Quarter, mainly because they serve Bathams, the King of Beers. Then to Old Contemptibles opposite Snow Hill Station, great beer and stunning interior. The Old Joint Stock is wonderful for that too. The Purecraft Bar is great. If you are getting the train home, or if you are just in that area, I recommend The Post Office Vaults on New Street.
Agree with most of this but I'd leave The Joint Stock out. Was there a few weeks back and although it looks nice, the atmosphere wasn't great and the beer was naff. Gone massively downhill.

The Contemptibles is a good shout - forgot about that one!

Not been to The Joint Stock for about 6-7 years. Used to really like it in there.

Agree with most of this but I'd leave The Joint Stock out. Was there a few weeks back and although it looks nice, the atmosphere wasn't great and the beer was naff. Gone massively downhill.

The Contemptibles is a good shout - forgot about that one!

I went in before Xmas and thought it was good with a fine range of beers on. Decent atmosphere too. Maybe you just caught it on a bad day?

I bought a Dead Pony Club on the way home. Just drank it. Urrggghhh. Sorry if that is your idea of beer then you can keep it

I went in before Xmas and thought it was good with a fine range of beers on. Decent atmosphere too. Maybe you just caught it on a bad day?
Must have done - we couldn't get out of there quick enough!

Had a couple of beers on tap this afternoon.

Northern Monk - Heathen; very nice IPA and at 7.2% pretty damn boozy too. Not as juicy as some I've had at that strength.

I've just had a pre-release sample of the new Heathen. Juicy as fuck. I am sure that you won't be disappointed.

The Heathen I had was just about the juiciest I've had!

I've just had a pre-release sample of the new Heathen. Juicy as $#@!. I am sure that you won't be disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed. Just not as juicy as some IPA's I'd had at that strength and I'll look forward to the new batch as I liked the last one I had.

I wasn't suggesting that you were disappointed. I was merely trying to demonstate that the new Heathen will meet your 'juicy' specification. I'm sorry to have tried to help. I won't bother from now on.

I wasn't suggesting that you were disappointed. I was merely trying to demonstate that the new Heathen will meet your 'juicy' specification. I'm sorry to have tried to help. I won't bother from now on.

I didn't mean any offence, just tried to explain myself.

I always look at this thread and take people's advice, hence why I tried the NM in the first place. I like this thread because of its eclectic nature and some of the beers I would never have tried if it wasn't for you lot so you can keep bothering the thread for me. :)

I bought a Dead Pony Club on the way home. Just drank it. Urrggghhh. Sorry if that is your idea of beer then you can keep it

Really? I wasn't a huge fan of it compared to some of the other Brewdog beers either. I'd say Elvis Juice, 5am Saint & Punk IPA are my favourite three from their range.

Sainsburys have started doing 4 x pack tins of Punk and they are SO MUCH NICER than out of the bottle!

Really? I wasn't a huge fan of it compared to some of the other Brewdog beers either. I'd say Elvis Juice, 5am Saint & Punk IPA are my favourite three from their range.

Sainsburys have started doing 4 x pack tins of Punk and they are SO MUCH NICER than out of the bottle!

Agree with this - wasn't my favorite of theirs by any means

Punk or Elvis Juice is much nicer (& even the local Asda has finally started to join the modern era & stock them)

Back